Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,022
    Yes please @Ante30, I'll come and do some painting for you. Make a nice change🤭😂😊
    We watched the new BBC drama tonight, enjoyed it very much. On again tomorrow night.
    Signing out for tonight. Night all and sleep well.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,495
    Sad about your sister's MIL,and just before Chistmas,  and the cancelled nativity plays @Chivetalking.

Your friend's bungalow sounds lovely @Ladybird4.     

I went to lunch with Son 2 today and I'm staying with Daughter2 for à couple of days as her children are with her ex.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,000
    edited December 2021
    Evening all. Been entertaining today. OH's karting mate came over for a late Sunday lunch. OH cooked roast pork with all the trimmings. It was rather good especially considering it was his first attempt at a full roast dinner.

He now understands why I have a timing list for a big roast ( he's always poked fun at my lists - but he ended up with one too) and also why I am constantly jumping up to disappear into the kitchen during that final cooking hour🙂😉

We then all settled down to watch the F1 race which was very exciting and not a little controversial. I don't like cheats and consider Verstappen to be a bit of a dirty racer. He's not the first and he won't be the last but I don't like it. His tactics are akin to a football player scoring with a hand ball and thinking it's all fair and part of the game if he doesn't get caught. It's not - it's cheating. 

Glad you had a good day out LB - your friend's bungalow sounds lovely.

Chive - sorry to hear your news and also about the restrictions imposed at school. There will be some children who'll end their second year at first school without knowing the terror and fun of performing in a nativity play.
    I was Mary Mary Quite Contrary in my first one. I have no memory at all of how she fitted into the nativity story but I do remember using my mum's yellow watering can as a prop😁
    I think they're a bit concerned about some Omicron cases in Southend aren't they? Seems like this strain might be spreading quite quickly.

Hazel - Glad your birdies have started to turn up.
    BTW - I can always find you some painting to do. Do you do stairs? 😉
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,048
    Good morning to all.

Oh Hazel you are most than welcome to do all painting job. I'll give you accommodation and everything what you need, just release me from those gastly work.😂 I'm glad that you enjoyed watching new drama on tv. 

Very cold morning here. I see snowflakes thru the window. After school I need to finish painting one wall which I started yesterday. It's all indoors so wind and snow will not bothering me. This morning I made a small change so I have warm cocoa instead my tea.

Have a nice day and stay warm. 
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    Morning all,

Sounds like some busy, enjoyable Sundays have been had.

Just got an e-mail with my latest energy statement. When I got my last one, I was £575 in credit. I pointed this out to them and they reduced my monthly dd by £13. Now, after a month of 'winter' usage, I'm in credit by £583. I think they need to try harder ;) I know that loads of energy companies have gone bust but I don't think it is down to me to subsidise them :o 
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,879
    Good morning Ante and all to follow.
    DECEMBER 6 2002classic countdown panel  Snoopy cartoon Charlie  brown and snoopy Snoopy love
    Busy, your daughter will be so happy for your company at this difficult time and I'm sure the visit will help put your mind at rest too.
    T'Bird, now your OH has managed the full roast and all its trimmings, does he realise that this will be expected more often now? You have put a marvellous picture in my head Contrary Mary with your yellow watering can. I was Mary in the only Nativity play I was in and I was really upset because I wanted to be the angel. I remember both my older brothers wearing tea towels on their heads, dressed as shepherds. Happy days!
    Ante, I nearly went for hot chocolate this morning but the need for tea proved stronger. Had a text from my Ozzie sis-in-law to say that the temperature there is a mere 33°C. I had to smile when I realised my outside temperature was 30°C less than that!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,879
    Good morning Biglad, you snuckered in there. Please don't talk to me about energy companies as I am still waiting for my 'erroneous transfer' to be sorted out.
    How is the fencing project going? Perhaps just as well that you had a pause after the high winds Arwen brought around.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    I'll say no more @Ladybird4 but I'm out of work and on the war path :D 

It's still on hold waiting for brother-in-law to come round. I'm not convinced that will ever happen so may have to make alternative arrangements. Arwen did blow one of the old panels out and there are now more gaps appearing in the others as individual slats drop off :(
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,048
    Good morning Biglad and LB.

LB, I'm little better than you. Here is only 28℃ less than in Australia. Love your Snoopy cartoon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Hello all … it’s a foggy morning here in Norfolk … today I must start to get organised … there’s a present to wrap and get into the post and cards to write … and birthday cards to make for OH and son whose birthdays are on the 19th and 22nd! 

I have never been in a nativity play … none of my school peers did … our school was so small we never did things like that … we only had one teacher for most of the time I was there and it was as much as she could do to run the normal things for the school year. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh