Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Afternoon everyone,
    Dry but a bit chilly here today. 
    @Songbird-1 so sorry to hear you're feeling a bit poorly today. Do hope you feel better soon. Have a restful day. 
    Popped out early and got a few bits and came straight home. Did a few unmentionables and then had lunch. OH is watching the footie, bet @Biglad is too ⚽️ 
    I've coloured my hair this afternoon, really needs cutting but appointment isn't for another couple of weeks. I'm sure it grows faster now than it did before lockdown 😉🤣🤣
    Time for a cup of tea and a flick through the free magazine.
    Hope you're all having a good afternoon, see you later. 
  • Meant to say, we have lots of birds in our garden....must get some more bird feed. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,079
    Afternoon all. Got some of my jobs completed this morning. Its gone a bit wild and windy now.
    SGL, I don't bother with grocery deliveries any more - only did them 3 times last year when we weren't allowed out. I am fortunate enough to be able to drive out and go to the SMs near me.  and I prefer this because I can mooch round the stores and spot the bargains.
    Hazel, I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold brewing. Have you any honey and lemon to ease your sore throat. Keep yourself warm.
    My new earrings arrived today and the amount of packaging the tiny box came in was unbelievable:

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,554
    Thanks LB and SGL. Hope it'll come and go pretty quickly but doubt it knowing me. OH is keeping well away.....🙄😬 Have had some cough medicine today( yuk) and keeping dosed  up. Going to have a nice steaming hot bath tonight.
    Packaging on small items is unbelievable isn't it LB? We've sometimes wondered what on earth we've ordered when a large parcel comes through the post,only to discover the smallest of things we've ordered! Mad. We are awaiting a kitchen ceiling  ball light and shade so that will probably be enormous lol!

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,616
    Afternoon all - it's getting dark very early now isn't it?

LB - your earrings look as though they may have been a tad more expensive than mine LOL. Most of mine are cheap and cheerful!

Hazel - hope you're not getting the beast of a cold LB and I had. Don't think either of us felt particularly ill with it but we both really struggled with a bad and very persistent cough which was very draining. Take care of yourself - can recommend lots of hot drinks - the steam is very soothing for inflamed airways.

It's been a very grey and slightly drizzly day here but I did a couple of hours of cutting back and tidying up helped by my little robin. He waits very patiently for me to turn the soil for him. Still lots to go at out there - should keep me busy for a few more weeks.

Just watched F1 qualifying and now I'm going to get on with making the beef casserole for tomorrow. Prep shouldn't take too long but I'm going to cook it long and slow😋

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Just seen where you got your jewellery from LB, Beaverbrooks! Gosh, that's a blast from from the past, it's been years and years since I've seen a Beaverbrooks shop. We did have one in the big town but it's been gone for decades. Would love to take a peek at your earnings ...

😉
    edited November 2021
    Topbird, the beef casserole should be lovely and soft cooking it slowly. Melt in the mouth, yummy. I'm drinking pints and pints of liquid here......😊
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,495
    OH took me out to lunch in a pretty, thatched pub. He said he wanted to because our lunch 2 weeks ago was interrupted by daughter 2's unhappy phone call when I had to go outside to talk to her. We had a lovely lunch today. I had lamb shank and OH had Sea Bass, followed by warm homemade chocolate brownie and homemade honeycomb ice cream. I was so full I had to go for a walk when we went home. OH is asleep on the sofa. 
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,826
    Good evening to all.

Hazel, sorry to hear that you have sore throat. I hope it will pass quickly..

LB, nice that you treat yourself with new earrings.

It was gorgeous day. I just cam home from walk. It was lovely sunny and warm. Didn't find a lot of thing from my list. Maybe next time. Now I'm resting with glass of cold milk and gingerbread from Lidl.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 15,852
    edited November 2021
    Wow, @Ladybird4 Beaverbrooks.....Think the nearest Beaverbrooks to us is Tunbridge Wells.......if it's still there. Not been since just before lockdown. Think there's still one at Bluewater. Would love a peek at your new earrings LB 
    OH is now watching the Rugby.
    @Songbird-1 do hope you don't get the full blown cold/cough that is going around. Take care.
    @Busy-Lizzie glad you had a lovely lunch today, sounds delicious 😋
    @Topbird is there room for a little one 😉 slow cooked casserole sounds yummy 
    @Ante30 glad you enjoyed your walk in the sunshine