Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,882
    Afternoon all. @Biglad, the frog is a beauty and just think how many pesky slugs it will have removed from your garden to look so plumptious. I am glad that you received recognition for the hard work you put in and were able to buy some lovely living items for your garden.
    @Songbird-1 did you e-Consult about your freezing zits? That predictive text howler had me rolling on the floor laughing Glad your reading materials arrived.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,025
    edited November 2021
    LB 😂😂😂

• Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,048
    Good evening ladies.

Hazel, it's always exciting when you get new books. And the smell of them 😊. 

I try to get warm after walking on the wind. Few moments after we came in to the house, rain started. Well, it was cold but I didn't get frozen zits.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,501
    Hello all.

It was cold here this morning but no frosts yet.

Had a long chat with daughter on phone this morning. She's getting on with the paperwork and financial arrangements for her divorce.

Been to Morrisons for food and up the high street for Christmas cards.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Evening everyone,
    Quite a successful shopping trip. Managed to get some clothes for all three poppets. Trucks and cars, a game and books for poppet3.  Books, games and Lego for the girly poppets. I'm getting there at last. 

Hehehe freezing zits! 😨 Oooh errrr misses 😉🤣🤣🤣  @Songbird-1 and @Ladybird4
    @Ante30 glad you enjoyed your walk and didn't get too cold! 😉🤣
    @Busy-Lizzie Hope your daughter is ok, I'm sure talking to you made her feel  a bit stronger. 
    @Songbird-1 what books did you get. 

Very chilly tonight now, wasn't too bad during the day, a dry sunny day.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,882
    Hello everyone. I hope that you are warmer now Ante. Its gone really cold here again tonight.
    Busy, I hope that your daughter is a little less stressed having had a long chat with you. I have no doubt she will be looking forward to seeing you when you travel back to France next month.
    Its quiz night tonight so I am signing out for tonight. I hope that you all have lovely evenings and I will see you all tomorrow.
    Pin by Claudia London on Night  Charlie brown and snoopy Snoopy Peanuts  snoopy

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,501
    I'll go and stay with my daughter the first week her ex has the children. She doesn't want to be alone in her house. We'll go to Ikea and buy some things as OH will be taking stuff to furnish his flat. They have to share it out. She lives under an hour from me so not far. 
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,007
    It's been a very bright and sunny day here - if rather chilly. Windows chap was here to install the final window. He was very considerate about keeping internal doors closed as much as possible to keep the heat in. Otherwise I would have been freezing my zits off too Hazel🤣

Had to be up rather early so lots of 'stuff' has been done. All indoors. It seemed too wet outside to garden - even though we've had no rain today.

Hope you're not feeling too grotty Chive. Big news day for your locality today - looked like a fine send off.

Looking forward to the quizzes tonight - see you all later.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,025
    edited November 2021
    Stop it , you lot!😂😂😂 Every time it's freezing now I'll be thinking " it's freezing zits " out there!😂😂 Gawd....... @topbird, hope you didn't get blasted with freezing **ts when they took out old window frame😉😂
    Busy, you'll be a good support, moral and physical, for your daughter at this difficult time. All my best wishes for her.
    @star gaze lily , SGL, got a general murder mystery and then three books by Sulari Gentill. Have read the first 3 books of Roland Sinclair mysteries, really good, a long read too.
  • Ante hunting is a most terrible thing and I wish it could be banned.  A very cruel sport and not happy at all about it.  I hope they miss.  LB yes I remember the story so cruel.  Kindness is reflected in how we treat those who can’t defend themselves.  Hazel there do seem to be these trouble makers turning up to protests, a sorry state of affairs.  Lily, as you say, there are no words.  Busy your daughter will welcome your company and support.  I wish her well and hope they can have an amicable relationship separately.  It’s sad to see things come to an end.  Time for tea.  Enjoy your evening.