Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 32,763
AUTUMN INSPIRED  Fall pictures Scenery Nature
An Autumn picture to start our next 1000 (ish) posts. Carry on nattering everyone - we are pretty good at it!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 32,763
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,297
    Beautiful Autumnal pic LB .
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,067
    If I see one more golden, autumnal leaf @Ladybird4 ;) 

My leaf mould bin and dalek are full and the council garden waste bin isn't far off. The garden is pretty tidy after a few good stints this week.

Still haven't had a little helper on the premises during daylight hours though. So no further attempts to get the remaining 4 fence panels in has been possible, unfortunately.
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 1,709
    Afternoon All, Crumbs new Rez again! 
    SGL Yes I agree that department store was so good for browsing shopping and Woolworths was another favourite of mine for their household items, both sorely missed, 
    Busy I’m glad your OHs third jab went ok today, 
    Love your Christmas cactus photos Hazel, LB & Rubee what a wonderful display of flowers they put on. 
    Hazel Snap! I had a haircut too this afternoon, feels much tidier and more manageable now. Hope you found a new book to read in town, 
    LB I love the Autumn picture, what a glorious colour palette at this time of the year, 
    Rubee You are well organised, having all the cards written ready to send and gifts done very efficient. 
    Topbird A huge relief for you now your hearing is back to normal and plans for eye test & new frames made. The meat for your Sunday lunch menu sounds delicious 😋 
    Biglad Shame you’ve not been able to get your fence finished, sounds like you’ve been busy elsewhere in the garden though, 
    Time for a brew, have a nice evening everyone. 
    Hello there Biglad, I was beginning to wonder where you were   The panels will get done eventually Biglad so don't fret too much. Are all your loose ends tied off now?
    I did stand on one leg in homage to the late, great David Shepherd when I posted this new Rez.

T'Bird, it must be wonderful to have your hearing back again but you do realise that you have no excuse now for a convenient deafness when your OH is talking to you! Getting the eyes tested too is a good thing - you are having a full MOT aren't you? I reckon you got some cracking bargains at the charity shop too. Give us a shout when you've got the stew made on Sunday- it sounds like lovely comfort food for this time of year.
    Chive, you snuckered in there. I miss Woolies, Debenhams and M&S where I live - all gone sadly.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,067
    Yes - think I'm all done now. Got offered two different jobs as leaving presents :( Sod that for a game of soldiers.
    Good for you Biglad!
  • Chive I used to like to go in Woolies and have a mooch and also the pick and mix.  I’m glad you’re pleased with your hair.  Biglad you’re in demand, enjoy your break from work.  Your time in the garden will work wonders.  The panels will be fitted eventually when you have a willing volunteer.  LB it is a lovely autumnal pic.  I managed to get the sm shopping done today.  I didn’t get many items as I need to use up some store cupboard favourites.  Hazel I hope the painkillers are doing their job and you get some relief.  Topbird I’m glad to know you have your hearing back.  It makes you feel rather gleeful doesn’t it.  I’m thinking about what to have for tea.  Lily I hope the headache has completely gone and you can sigh with relief.  I’m changed for bed and relaxing with an Ovaltine.
    I am signing out for today lovely people. See you all tomorrow.
    Twitter  Snoopy funny Snoopy quotes Snoopy love