Forum home The potting shed

SCAMS!

• Zoe P2Zoe P2 Posts: 568
    My SIL tells me that throughout her married life, their landline was ex-directory, so that's out; but, of course, the electoral roll thingy is a serious method.

Don't shops use IDs for this kind of sale?  But as you say, crooks have their ways.  

I have a dream that my.. children.. one day.. will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

Martin Luther King

• FireFire LondonPosts: 12,134
    Helen P3 said:
     if there was no class on a certain day she would phone just the first person on that list and each one in turn would phone the name after theirs.

@Helen P3  Why?

• Helen P3Helen P3 Posts: 816
    To save money on calls, I think!
    !  (She knew the mobile those days lived permanently in the glove compartment of the family car, so no use calling that.)

My first mobile was PAYG and also lived in the car glove compartment.  I only bought it to use in emergencies when driving.  Very different these days.  One day I might set it to cook lunch too.  It's that clever!

I have a dream that my.. children.. one day.. will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

Martin Luther King

• Zoe P2 said:

Very different these days.  One day I might set it to cook lunch too.  It's that clever!
    🤣

Martin Luther King

• Artemis3Artemis3 Posts: 635
    Another shocker.

Thank you, Zoe.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 19,273
    Fire, whose photo is on the passport?  If it’s your own, I’d be even more worried. 😀
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Sam 37Sam 37 Posts: 960
    Emails regarding scam information:[email protected]
    It's free to join.  However, perhaps this thread has its own immediacy and offers of help/advice from members' own experience.
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,721
    edited November 2021
    I would forward any scam emails to the police fraud group set up for this. The EMail is:

....all I do is literally forward the mail onto them.

Edited to add: You get a thank you acknowledgement saying how many sites have been shut down etc.
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)