Forum homeâ€ș The potting shed

🩍CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XVIII🩍

• ObelixxObelixx VendĂ©e, Western FrancePosts: 26,958
    I do full English but grill the bacon and poach the egg.   None of the rest.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,487
    We have an occasional bag of crisps,  plain with the blue salt bag.   We don’t use the salt. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 19,955
    Saints and sinners😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx VendĂ©e, Western FrancePosts: 26,958
    Chocolate is my temptation but it has to be good stuff.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,487
    Liquorice Allsorts for me. Also marshmallows. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,831
    Back when I used to eat canned tuna, my favourite sandwich was tuna mayo with salt and vinegar crisps. I still haven't found a good substitute for that.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley South ManchesterPosts: 347

Hostafan1 said:
    no doubt if it HAD been reported , plenty would be complaining about " scaremongering " 
    You just can't please some folk

Hmm..

Oh dear!

My remark about the BBC and potatoes was meant as a joke.
    Like the "horseshoe" meme I posted, because the BBC news had a hand in causing the panic over petrol.
    You obviously have no natural sense of humour.

Obelixx said:
    I don't understand why people eat crisps.  Seriously unhealthy, not very tasty and then all those horrid packets that probably can't/won't be recycled.
    I explained why my wife likes to use the roughage of a few crisps to help her many tablets go down.
    Good enough reason for you?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 19,273
    Although I don’t like crisps, I do find that a slice of hot buttered toast and a cup of tea make pills go down a treat.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,504
    I always recommend a lump of banana to help tablets go down.  For kids, put it in a spoon of jam. For cats , insert in a piece of raw liver.  My favourite as a kid was crisps in  with a ham sandwich (not on the side)
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,428
    edited November 2021

Hostafan1 said:
    no doubt if it HAD been reported , plenty would be complaining about " scaremongering " 
    You just can't please some folk

Hmm..

Oh dear!

My remark about the BBC and potatoes was meant as a joke.
    Like the "horseshoe" meme I posted, because the BBC news had a hand in causing the panic over petrol.
    You obviously have no natural sense of humour.

Obelixx said:
    I don't understand why people eat crisps.  Seriously unhealthy, not very tasty and then all those horrid packets that probably can't/won't be recycled.
    I explained why my wife likes to use the roughage of a few crisps to help her many tablets go down.
    Good enough reason for you?

I laugh when things are funny. As yet you've offered nothing which meets that criterion.
    Your hysterical golf joke was as dull as the game itself and the overwhelming majority of those who play it.
    Devon.