Forum home‚Äļ The potting shed

ūü¶ćCURMUDGEONS' CORNER XVIIIūü¶ć

• pansyface said:
    Am I the only person here never to have used a wet wipe or had one used on me?

A cotton hankie and a generous bit of spit was the preferred cleaning method when I was a child.
    No  Rest assured @pansyface - you are not alone  :(  
  • Anyone else finding that having read the latest post on a thread,¬† the thread still shows New posts ?¬†
    Only had this problem today ?  Annoying to say the least.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 8,569
    This really sets my teeth on edge, quote from Telegraph weather forecast today " there can be a frost tonight in the Midlands".

Is it just me?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley South ManchesterPosts: 347
    I can only imagine that I've missed a BBC news announcement about an impending  potato shortage, as none of the four local major multples have had 12 pack Walkers plain crisps on their shelves for three weeks
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,061
    I can only imagine that I've missed a BBC news announcement about an impending  potato shortage, as none of the four local major multples have had 12 pack Walkers plain crisps on their shelves for three weeks
    It is caused by an IT problem at the Walkers main factory.....apparently
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,514
    no doubt if it HAD been reported , plenty would be complaining about " scaremongering " 
    You just can't please some folk
    Devon.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley South ManchesterPosts: 347
    Pauline 7 said:
    It is caused by an IT problem at the Walkers main factory.....apparently

I'd actually heard something similar,  but it is dragging on, they've other varieties and some six packs available. My wife likes the 12 packs.
    "A single packet of crisps helps her tablets to go down."
  • B3B3 Posts: 20,048
    Why do crisp packs always have salt and vinegar? Salt and real vinegar on chips - great when nothing else  will hit the spot. 
     S&V crisps - the salt is probably genuine but what on earth is the vinegar flavour made of? Kitchen cleaners smell similar and might even taste better.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vend√©e, Western FrancePosts: 26,988
    I don't understand why people eat crisps.  Seriously unhealthy, not very tasty and then all those horrid packets that probably can't/won't be recycled.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 20,048
    Sometimes you just have to eat something unhealthy. Chinese curry sauce is grossly unhealthy but sometimes  I have to have it
    We all have our secret food vices and if we don't we have the secret food cravings .
    Note. These aren't mine :  pot noodle; pork pie; full English; stuff out of Greggs; pepperami ; buckets of designer coffee etc etc è
    In London. Keen but lazy.