Forum home The potting shed

🦍CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XVIII🦍

• B3B3 Posts: 20,048
    I haven't seen a fox for days. That's good. But I'm wondering if someone has poisoned them.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,258
    There is a certain local councillor I have to deal with on local projects.  She is a fundholder and organisations can apply for grant funding from her budget for community projects. It was her fund that paid for most of the community bus pilot project that has now started.  But it has been problematic getting the word out to all of the remote villages and hamlets the bus is designed to help.  So - imagine my delight when the local Green Party offered to put an item on it in their newsletter which goes to every household in the catchment area. 
    I emailed said Councillor who immediately responded by asking me to ask the Green Party NOT to put this in their newsletter, followed by a string of emails, all in high dudgeon, about how we are a in a Conservative led administration (she is a Tory) and didn't want any banner waving by the Green Party.  I sent her what they propose to put in which I am quoted as saying that the project is funded by our district council.  She replied that the name of the fund she holds wasn't specifically named.  There were 3 emails from her sent at 7am this morning, all still in high dudgeon, with the last one saying that she was referring the matter to the local Green Councillor (who represents a different ward) "who perfectly understands my disquiet".  
    Last night I was rising above as I so often have to in dealings with this woman but I am sick and tired of her using language like "I am not happy",  "I am absolutely appalled" and "I object quite strongly" to me - when really she should be delighted that all of the houses are getting info on the community bus service she sponsored!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 75,007
    Maybe the Green Party leaflet should mention that the initiative is being set up to fail because of a lack of publicity ?  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,569
    @Didyw,  she sounds a real pain in the neck. I would email, using exactly the same language and suggesting that as she feels so strongly about the matter, she funds a Conservative Party leaflet to go to all the houses .

@Liriodendron, shame about the liriodendron, don't worry about posting, just glad to hear you're okay.

Beautiful sunny morning and dry, so must get out in the garden and do something.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,514
    @didyw I suggest you email HER and suggest she's there to represent the community and not her party, or her ego.
    I'd love to read her reply to that one liner. 
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,988
    @didyw Suggest the Green party leaflet/newsletter publicises the community bus with a note to say that whilst it is a Conservative party initiative and council funded project the Tories didn't want to publicise it in their newsletter for fear of being thought to be in bed with the Greens.  Please address all comments to XXX councillor. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,258
    Thank you everyone!  I don't want to declare outright war on her as she has insinuated herself onto so many committees and Trusts in the town and I have to work with most of them.  She has even insisted that she attends a marketing workshop we are about to hold, even though she produces no marketing materials herself!  She is just one of those women who like to throw their weight around and as she has no personal charisma, does it through getting herself into positions of power.
    I've calmed down now - as my OH says, she is probably jealous of me as she has probably heard other people singing my praises!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,514
    didyw said:
     She is just one of those women who like to throw their weight around and as she has no personal charisma, does it through getting herself into positions of power.

I bet she was fan of Thatcher
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,875
    I've been having phantom phone vibration issues for a couple of days now. It seems to be coming from my right knee so I thought my joints might just getting creaky, but I was lying in bed last night and my knee was vibrating every minute or so. It's probably the tracking chip in my covid jab letting me know that Bill Gates is near by. :#
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • B3B3 Posts: 20,048
    Is there anything or one that you really want to kick? Fossick about in your subconscious. You might find the answer🤔
    In London. Keen but lazy.