Forum home The potting shed

🦍CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XVIII🦍

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,444
    I might have a bit of a curmudge though.  To make room for a new mobile classroom in the grounds of the local FE college, someone has seen fit to fell the mature Liriodendron which I was admiring in the spring.   :s
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,510
    Harrumph!  I think that’s a very valid curmudge @Liriodendron … hope they plant another one … best not hold our breath tho … hugs to you 🤗 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,463
    That's a bummer @Liriodendron
    There's an item on the morning news prog just now about wet wipes. How are there still folk who don't understand about not putting them down the loo? The info has been around for years about them. 
    Since most of them are so indestructible, they should try using them to fill potholes.  :D
    The guy's talking about how the blockages mean sewage backing up, potentially into people's homes.
    If only they could arrange for it to back up into the homes of the ones who flush them down the loo. Karma....  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    edited November 2021
    Ergates,I had forgotten about the pans boiling over on the gas,plus I found the flames burned the sauce pan handles. I had bought a set of sauce pans some years ago with a 25 year guarantee. Had been looking for some years for a pan just big enough to fry one egg. Last week while the grandkids were here,went into Town with my grandaughter to get wellies, went into a certain discount mainly clothing store,(darent mention the name on here!) She loves crepes,(other granny has an aga,NOT JEALOUS) she came across an iddy biddy iron frying pan just the right size. Message to self, this should be on the RTBC.Fairy,we watch programs about the London Underground, sewers,seen the disgusting "fat Burgs". A few years ago,our loo became blocked. The manhole is under the conservatory floor,traced to the numpty neighbours that you know about,fat and a cloth of some kind, down their manhole.The first 4 properties share a drainage system
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,955
    You still have a grandmother!   One of mine died when I was 6 weeks old, the other one, I did know but was too far away to just pop in to see her.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Haha,Lyn,that was the pre-empt. I changed it quickly. It IS amazing considering I'm 71. 
    Lyn said:
    You still have a grandmother!   One of mine died when I was 6 weeks old, the other one, I did know but was too far away to just pop in to see her.
    Who still has a grandmother? I’m confused 😵‍💫
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,955
    Nanny Beach,  but she’s edited it now😀

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Thank goodness you explained it. I’m easily confused before I’ve had my second coffee ☕️ ☕️ 

Some time the pre empt is handy, sometimes it tells fibs!