Forum home The potting shed

🦍CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XVIII🦍

B3B3 Posts: 19,409
edited 1 November in The potting shed
In London. Keen but lazy.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,912
    Where did you find that photo of me as a ten year old?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,409
    I thought you'd like it.
    I had a really angry looking one last year. All fiery colours. But I didn't get around to taking a photo. @pansyface
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,345
    Did you have a moustache at the age of ten @pansyface:D

It reminds me of one of the old guys in the Muppets.
    Or Groucho Marx. Appropriate  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,475
    I could use up a whole thread today, so curmudgeonly am I right now. But it would not be very interesting as this topic makes everyone curmudgeonly. In short: 
    Call centres, companies holding on to your money and making it nigh on impossible to get a refund / contact them, etc etc 
    AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
    If you’ve never turned the wrong gas hob on, so that it heats the handle of saucepan on the next hob … and then grabbed hold of the pan handle, don’t bother … I can tell you what it feels like ♨️ 🥵🤬
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,743
    I've lost count of the times I've burned all the hair off my hand lighting our gas hob. Terrible design. Does anyone recommend induction hobs? If I can get a cheap enough quote for a heat pump under the new grant system I might go completely gas free and finally regain my luxurious hand hair.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,094
    There was a thread about induction hobs a while ago, @wild edges - largely positive, if I remember right...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,345
    I've had two induction hobs in two different houses @wild edges.   Excellent. 

...but do you have luxurious foot hair....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,916
    Does anyone recommend induction hobs? 
    They are standard in passivhaus homes because they use so much less energy. I don't have one (I've got halogen hobs) but the people I've spoken to who do all seem very happy with them. I'll get one in the next iteration of our kitchen (when OH has finished building it)
    “There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,094
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore