Forum home The potting shed

🍂 HELLO FORKERS … Nov ‘21 🍂

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,374
    punkdoc said:
    Hi all
    Still in bed and not improving.
    Have a safe journey home @Busy-Lizzie
    Thank you, punkdoc. I hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you, too @tui34 and @[email protected].  

It's a grey, misty, damp sort of day, chilly too. I'm doing indoor things, changed the bedding, sorting of washing to do, ironing, packing for tomorrow. That won't be much, I only have a small under the seat bag, may have to tie another jumper round my waist. Hope nightie fits in the bag. May be able to buy some things at the airport, they allow you a duty free bag too.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,555
    punkdoc said:
    Hi all
    Still in bed and not improving.
    Have a safe journey home @Busy-Lizzie
    Thank you, punkdoc. I hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you, too @tui34 and @[email protected].  

It's a grey, misty, damp sort of day, chilly too. I'm doing indoor things, changed the bedding, sorting of washing to do, ironing, packing for tomorrow. That won't be much, I only have a small under the seat bag, may have to tie another jumper round my waist. Hope nightie fits in the bag. May be able to buy some things at the airport, they allow you a duty free bag too.

funny how you can't bring stuff from home, but bring on board stuff you buy at the airport?????
    Devon.
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,955
    Here is my bestie @Nanny Beach    Such a good girl!!  She's my shepherdess.

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

I could bring stuff from home @Hostafan1, if I had a suitcase here and I'd paid for it to be on the plane. Duty free stuff, bought after security checks, at the airport is always allowed free of charge. 
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,555
    I could bring stuff from home @Hostafan1, if I had a suitcase here and I'd paid for it to be on the plane. Duty free stuff, bought after security checks, at the airport is always allowed free of charge. 
    That's my point, it's a total con
    Devon.
    Beautiful dog @tui34. I had Border Collies since I was in my 20s but when Tigger died a few years ago I didn't get another. He was my favourite and it's more difficult now with OH living in England and me in France.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,724
    Lovely dog. We're on our 3rd Border collie. Last one  was black/white, previous another blue merle. I wanted a red this time round, hubby wanted another blue.
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,955
    edited November 2021
    She is our second Border.  Our first lived to 16 but unfortunately due to severe arthritis, it was too difficult for her to continue.  She had 2 litters one of which she threw 2 blue merles.   I got this wee girl when the first one was 14 so this one, a smaller framed dog, had a great 2 year training period with her "step" mum/granny.  No puppies for her though.  Too much hard work.   Previously, we had 2 German Shorthaired Pointers (one after the other).  These breeds are real Houdinis and have quite a dramatic character!!

B. Collies are good because they are self-cleaning even after the muddiest outings!!
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,212
    Afternoon all, had a nice quiet day here compared to everybody else it seems.
    Commiserations to all the poorly ones.
    Good luck with the journey and all the grandchildren @Busy-Lizzie, glad to hear that Daughter 2. is out of hospital but shame your OH has got to have a scan. They would have to sedate me before I ever have one, I suffer from claustrophobia.
    Is that the same daughter who's been living in Bournemouth @chicky? I've lost track a bit with everybody's daughters.
    Going to be a very cold night I believe, we've just put the bins out and it's decidedly nippy out there. I've moved some small potted plants into the greenhouse as a precaution, everything else will have to take its chance. Hope it warms up before we go north for the weekend. Looking forward to staying with friends then meeting up with my siblings for the weekend.
    Stay warm folks. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,553
    Back from Nantes.  Lovely sunny day till we were driving home and it poured.  Lots of rainbows and some dramatic dark grey cloud formations with very flat bottoms and bright silvered upper edges.

Left Possum at the airport where she stupidly presented her British passport to go thru security.   He was reaching for the phone to take her away when she produced her Belgian ID card.  OK.  We did tell her.

Hope your trip home goes smoothly @Busy-Lizzie.

Planned to have devilled kidneys tonight but think we'll have simple cauliflower cheese instead.  Another thing she won't eat.

Gorgeous dog @tui34.  Looks like loads of fun.  We have towels handy at the front door and annex door ready for when they come in mucky or wet from the garden or walkies. In Belgium they needed a regular hosing down after walkies in muddy lanes.   

Might see if I can get a motor fitted to my bike or trade it in for a leccy one.   It's a good city bike - VTT/mountain bike with mudguards and a comfy saddle.   Certainly haven't got the knees to cycle without help these days - deceptively roly poly lanes round here. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw