Forum home The potting shed

🍂 HELLO FORKERS … Nov ‘21 🍂

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,279
    punkdoc said:
    Hi all
    Still in bed and not improving.
    Have a safe journey home @Busy-Lizzie
    Stay there and rest  @punkdoc …. think we know by now that viruses can be horrid and our immunity is probably reduced ‘cos we’ve not been fraternising 😉 
    We’ll provide hot toddies, Jakemans lozenges and entertainment. 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,787
    Morning all, hugs to those with worries and health problems. Daughter has two job offers so now has to weigh up the pros and cons of each one.
    Off to the SM this morning and OH says he needs some bags of sand from Bricomarche and I also need to pop into Gamm Vert, I wonder what might fall into my trolly!
    One of our neighbours bought an electric bike @tui34 in the summer and went quite long distances! Not so sure he will use it now with winter approaching though.
    Catch you all later.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,555
    Good morning Forkers.   Bright here and chilly but not frosty.

We're off to Nantes today to send Possum on her way to Blighty with a proper French bistro lunch in her belly and the last of our UK cash to tide her over for the first few hours for coffees and a snack for the coach.

So sorry about OH's complications and daughter 2 @Busy-Lizzie but good that you can go and help both daughters and the little 'uns.

Chin up @punkdoc.   Colds do end, eventually.  Keep warm and sleep when you can.

Glad you've had some rain @Pat E.  Hope you don't freeze @chicky and good luck to chicklet.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 1,488
    So sorry to hear of everyone’s woes. Hope everything starts to improve very soon. Glad you got the MRI out of the way, Sam. If anyone else is due to have one, I’d suggest you listen to a YouTube recording of the sounds it makes so you don’t get any surprises. I didn’t, the earphones didn’t work, the staff didn’t bother to check. I’ll be fine if there is a next time, now I know what to expect, but I’m wasn’t impressed with my first experience.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,724
    Tui can I have a picture of the dog please. Mine has asked!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,279
    I had a young friend .... a teenager with severe cerebral palsy, learning difficulties and uncontrolled epilepsy ... she absolutely hated hated hated her scans ... and she had to have quite a few ... she was so brave and never ever kicked up a fuss ... an example to us all.  
    Sadly the epilepsy caused her death a few days after my mother died ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,690
    No wonder you can't sleep @SamBevington - so much going on!
    It will be nice for you to have one of your chicklets home for a bit @chicky.
    Hope your OH is able to have his scan soon @Busy-Lizzie - but sounds like your daughters need their mum right now. 
    Gotta Zoom meeting in a bit.  Better get dressed.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,531
    My Dad had to have regular MRI scans to monitor his brain tumour. He used to fall asleep  :open_mouth:
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,468
    Morning. So much going on with us all. My mantra is to seek out the little things of joy to make the big things more bearable. 

MRI scans are horrible. I had to do breathing exercises to stop me feeling overwhelmed, but that’s hard going for 20 mins plus. 

Cold here, but the sun is out now. I might venture outside to see if any apples are left and have a potter about. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,557
    Morning all. 
    Hugs to @punkdoc and the lovely Moira.
    Hubby always fell asleep during scans.
    Just ordered heating oil. Delivery time? 3 weeks!!!!
    Devon.