Forum home The potting shed

🍂 HELLO FORKERS … Nov ‘21 🍂

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,279
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ and goodness me @SamBevington 😲 what a lot you're cramming in!!!  What did you choose to listen to on the headphones during your scan, and could you hear it? 😂 Can we come posh frock shopping with you? 😎 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,724
    Morning all,SamB💗,you wouldn't get me in one,so claustrophobic, people say you'd have one if you HAD to. First frosty here, good job we sorted out the green houses yesterday and put plants in
    Mind you it's on the cars and summer house,not the grass

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,153
    Morning.  Frosty one here ❄️

Volunteering today - best take my thermals.

Chicklet finishes her old job today (I am expecting tears 😭) and starts her new one tomorrow.  She is coming home for a bit and will commute to Reading til she gets an idea of where it would be best for her to live.  All change.

Hope Doctors appointments for Mr @Busy-Lizzie went well yesterday.

Mauritius for Christmas sounds ace @SamBevington 🥳🥳🥳.  
    The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,379
    Morning all.

OH said everyone was very kind at the hospital but his ECG still shows an abnormality. He must have a scan.

I am going back to France tomorrow to help Daughter 1 look  after  the 6 grandchildren. She is exhausted. Daughter 2 has had a nervous breakdown, marriage problems, but she left hospital yesterday and is now with D1.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,958
    Morning everyone,  frosty bright start agin here,  proper seasonal weather for a change if a bit sudden.  Regards to all. 
    AB Still learning

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,279
    edited November 2021
    Oh flippin ‘echium @Busy-Lizzie … but if there’s a blip it’s far better for it to be found now and sorted out rather than cause problems during his hip op. Please pass on our best wishes to him. 
    And while it’s tough on you, it must be a relief that D2 is back with her children. Hope the journey goes well tomorrow and that the situation can be sorted satisfactorily PDQ. There’s not many worse things for children than a miserable marriage. Many hugs from us x
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,379
    Thank you @Dovefromabove. Life  seems a bit complicated at the moment.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,955
    Good morning folks.

Early bird @SamBevington  7.15 on a Sunday morning for a MRI  is unheard of here!!  I hope the results are good.  Our late male German Shorthaired Pointer did exactly that too, found him dangling off some reinforcing steel - it was a bloodbath and of course happened on a Saturday at 1pm when only emergency vets are open!!  Mauritius would be a treat for Christmas!!

Morning too, to @Dovefromabove, @Nanny Beach and @chicky  No frost here ...yet.  December and January are the coldest months with February coming a close second.  Once the days get longer we can look forward to warmer weather.

@Busy-Lizzie  I was sorry to read about the ECG, I hope it can be remedied with meds.  Sorry too, to read about your daughter's plight although some say a n.breakdown is a good thing to get on the road to recovery.  Had my 2-yearly check up with the hip surgeon yesterday.  All is good but my other hip is slowly going so down the same road.  I must admit, I am pleased with the "after sales service".

Enjoy your day everyone, wherever you are.  Off to the local market walking with the (current) - a Border C.  dog to get fresh eggs.  This particular egg-seller has hens that do double-yolkers!!

Oh!  And I've been succumbed into buying an electric bike!!  I warned the surgeon yesterday that I could be back in his office in the afternoon with a dislocated hip, but all went surprisingly well!  The world is my oyster ..... I rode my bike, don't wear no skates, don't drive no car.  Don't go so fast, but I go pretty far......  This afternoon is the long test drive for tea by the sea!!

Tui
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,166
    Hi all
    Still in bed and not improving.
    Have a safe journey home @Busy-Lizzie
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 11,029
    Hi everyone.  We’ve had a nice warm day today, but we are waiting for the weather to close in. Rain and storms are predicted some time tonight. Candles are ready. 
    S. E. NSW