• Pat EPat E Posts: 11,029
    Hi again everyone. 
    S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,276
    edited November 2021
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ Hello @Pat E 😊 
    The first frost of the year!  🥶 
    I shall get the dahlias in. 
    I think you need a medicinal hot toddy @punkdoc … it does sound like the lurgy my son had. Stay in bed! 🛌 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,958
    Morning everyone,  been up for ages, the clock change never used to affect me but it seems to more &more,  maybe it's being 27? Bright but cold here too, planning to get my hair cut might have to take a hat!
    Best wishes to those with ailments. 

AB Still learning

• ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 1,488
    edited November 2021
    Phoned a friend in Surrey last night, and she was croaking away. If you have any chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash in, that would be good to gargle with, Punkdoc. Take it easy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,554
    Good morning Forkers.  Grey here and soggy from overnight downpours tho we did also have clear skies and starry stuff for a couple of hours.  Lots of hooting owls.

Furniture restoration this morning with friend who wants to rescue her mum's oak bookcase.  Nothing on the scale of Repair shop's Will but cleaning, feeding, sanding and, I hope, just oiling or varnishing as it's oak but she may want to paint it.

@Nanny Beach  - we're a couple so I need to know when OH is playing golf, usually Seniors' comps on Tuesdays and/or Thursday and club comps on Sundays.   We do ballroom dancing.

Hugs to all those feeling unwell or sad.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,724
    Hubbies late Father used to do Ballroom dancing,I never met him,he died a few months before we met. I would have gone with him, although I'm a bit more samba,rumba, jive.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,554
    Those are Latin dances.   In Belgian dance speak there are 10 ballroom dances @Nanny Beach - 5 standard - waltzes, Qstep, Foxtrot and Tango - and 5 Latin.

Then there are Latino dances - salsa, merengue, bachata, mamba, bossanova, kizomba (not for anyone aged 27!)

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,690
    Happy November everyone!  I would love to learn to dance properly but at 27 I don't think I have the stamina now - even if there were dance classes nearby.  There is a fitness class for menopausal women nearby and I thought I'd go to that (even though very much post) but found that even though I put it in my diary - and my yoga mat has arrived - I am crossing them out as the week fills up.  Even as we speak a Zoom meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I do buy diaries each year but despite best intentions, never use them. I do understand the joy that the perfect diary brings @Dovefromabove - I'm like that with notebooks. But I just use the Outlook calendar on my laptop - which other people seem to be able to fill in as well!  I see there is a litter pick scheduled for Sunday.  Sorry - but can't make that!
    Honey & lemon @punkdoc!
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,468
    Chilly this morning - couldn’t tell if dewy or frosty but the grass was a bit white. 
    Off tomorrow so will inspect the garden for any blooms which need to be cut down and check of any more pots need to come into the porch. 

I’ve tried and tested hot beverages for sore throats over the years - I don’t really like honey but I found a honey and lemon tea which is lovely warm (not hot) and can be made up to ‘toddy’ strength if desired. Hope all poorly people feel better very soon. 

Have a good evening folks. Bake Off later - caramel week!?! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • SamBevingtonSamBevington NW StaffordshirePosts: 133
    Can't sleep, so much going on in my life at the moment. Had my MRI scan on Sunday at 07.15...yikes! What a surreal experience that was...how on earth does it work, with all the loud noises and a strange pummelling sensation in my back. Very efficient NHS btw.
    Puppy Cocker Spaniel, Tula2 had an accident last week, scalping her inner thigh on God knows what resulting in a 4 inch gash and emergency surgery 😳 she's entertaining us and the other dogs with biffing and bashing everyone and everything with her plastic cone head!
    Managed to pull a huge amount of nettles from the area set aside for our new pond - bare earth in August , 2ft high nettles everywhere last weekend -God they love our soil ...delivery arrived yesterday, 100m2 of weed suppressant membrane so that should keep things steady until the spring.
    Started new job on 1st so w word is hampering gardening but hope to employ help once a week. Never mind, all is not lost, off to Mauritius for Christmas and New Year- first time I'll be out for NY in 18 years..better order a new gown!!