Forum home The potting shed

🍂 HELLO FORKERS … Nov ‘21 🍂

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,724
    I knew that the clever girl Dove would put us into November. Turned out lovely and sunny,took the dogs on the beach,got almost the blast washing done, including doggys blankets. what's BYOB?How can you survive without a diary and calendar. We have one in the conservatory,where the phone is,one on the fridge,having been med free for years,I can't remember to take them,so we sign each day. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,555
    BYOB Bring your own booze?
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,554
    Don't take regular/daily meds.  Know when we have patchwork/mosaic/golf/dancing each week.   Just need to remember occasional social events, dentists and jabs.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    edited November 2021
    Are jabs and dentist social events!! I have 4 kids,I arrange jabs, appointments for one son. Childcare to arrange for 2 grandkids, taking them places, occasionally school collections,do you play golf etc on exactly the same time/ day each week? Then there's boiler servicing, appointments at the moment for surveys for the solar. MOT X 2, insurance,and so on
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,554
    No - which is why I need to be reminded about them @Nanny Beach!

I don't play golf - life is too short - but I have patch and mosaic on Monday, dance class  on Tuesday and Thursday.   Garden group visits occasional Sundays.   Not much other social life for the last 20 months for anyone really and patch and the rest have only just started again since September.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    edited November 2021
    You put golf. What sort of dance? I have to "book" way in advance to see my friends,they are nursing,so the shifts are done weeks or months in advance. My life seems to be like a military operation. Ironically, I can't find my blasted diary!!
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 1,488
    Just bought my 2022 diary in the Works for £3. I like to have a full page per day.
    Last year, I tried to order a diary online from WHSmith. Not only did they send the wrong one, not even remotely useable, the ‘Herpes’ delivery person managed to stuff the parcel into our letters only postbox. It was a miracle I was able to get the package out without having to dismantle the post box. 
    I did get my money refunded without any quibble, but I was not very pleased.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,165
    Hi all
    Appear to have swallowed some barbed wire overnight, very sore throat and lost my voice ( lucky Moira)
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,555
    punkdoc said:
    Hi all
    Appear to have swallowed some barbed wire overnight, very sore throat and lost my voice ( lucky Moira)
    just as well your fingers still work. 
    Hugs to you both. 
    Good morning everyone
    Devon.
    Ergates,glad you said that, visit to my Garden/everything shop for a diary. Morning all, 🍯 and 🍋 coming your way Punkdoc,are you able to gargle with soluble aspirin? Morning Hosta,you beat,me (and Dove) I have made 2crumbles with the windfall apples and my frozen blackcurrants and they are cooking. First nippy morning here 3.6