Forum home The potting shed

🍂 HELLO FORKERS … Nov ‘21 🍂

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
Goodness me it’s November already!
Here’s a new thread for coffee, cake and companionship … tea and hot chocolate are also available … anything else and it’s BYOB  😉 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,369
    Makes a change for me to be on the ball @Dovefromabove. 😉
    AB Still learning

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
    edited 1 November
    Think you deserve a bacon sandwich  @Allotment Boy

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,866
    First dentist checkup for me today since December 2019.  Hope all is well 😳😬.

Had a wonderful weekend in Somerset.  Loved the Bishops Palace in Wells and fitted in an afternoon at Montacute House too.  I am now (nearly) gardened out.  Interesting to see the replacement box hedges at the Bishops Palace - they have used euonymus, and its the best alternative I have seen ….

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,203
    Morning all.
    Thank you for the tip, @chicky, I think our box hedge may have blight.

Sun is shining. I have some daffodils to plant.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,442
    Good morning all.

Chillier this morning - early start with daylight saving.  Bank holiday here, so a visit to the cemetery to place pots of chrysanthemums and pay respects.

Brief appearances of sun this morning, but generally a pretty white sky and agin much wind.  We did have a sprinkling of rain last night, but it didn't even touch the sides.

A pleasant day to you all.
    Tui

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,684
    Happy All Saints Day everyone.  Fresh and sunny here but rain expected and has also been passing in decent tho brief downpours thru he night and morning.  OH had to hide in the polytunnel for 5 minutes when he went to see Scruffy after letting out the other 4 chooks and giving them their morning feed - broccoli stalks and cooked sweet potato peelings.  Yum - for chooks.

I've finally got my patch admin done - finances and application for subsidy are not my strong point - so I'm free to sew and sow and plant bulbs depending on showers.  Looks like a wettish week coming up.

Good luck at the dentist @chicky.   No box here @Busy-Lizzie.  I had a low hedge of it, grown from cuttings, round my front garden raised rose and clematis bed in Belgium and it was fine but, after seeing Monty's and other people struggling with blight and pests I've had no urge to grow any here.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    edited 1 November
    Thanks for the reminder @chicky ... I realised I'd meant to move my next dentist appointment from the beginning of December ... carparking in the right part of the city will be rammed and I'm really not keen on using public transport again yet ... the dentist's receptionist quite understood and my appointment is now for mid Feb.  

And that reminded me to order my 2022 diary ...  I use my iPhone diary for appointments and reminders, and I write them on the calendar in the downstairs loo ... but even tho' I usually have a sketchbook and pencils with me I do like a 'pocket/handbag diary' when I go out (a sort of belt and two pairs of braces approach  🤪 ).

I'm very picky about my diary ... it has to have a pen and gilt edges to the leaves ... I don't know why but it just makes my world a better place ... and because I can't rely on getting the right sort of diary as a present or a freebie from the milkman or whoever, I have to buy my own every year ... so today I have ordered my Collins Classic Diary. It has a black cover, gilt edges to the cream paper, contains tube maps amongst other useful things, and has a pen with it. The perfect diary for less than a tenner ... they used to be available at WH Smiths, but not for the past few years ... and it's amazing how many diaries just don't meet my requirements ... even more expensive ones (did you know you can pay over £300 for a diary? 😲) Now I can relax ... until next year.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 10,147
    Don't forget to put my birthday in, @Dovefromabove
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
    Cant Remember Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,485
    Hi everyone. November, it is !
    S. E. NSW