Forum homeβ€Ί The potting shed

πŸŽƒ πŸ¦” 🍁 RESURRECTED 110 🍁 πŸ¦” πŸŽƒ

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,498
    Good morning all.

Gosh, 14Β° LB, that's chilly. It was 20.3Β° in the kitchen when I came downstairs this morning. No radiator in the kitchen, just the wood burning stove in the dining part, but I hadn't lit it last night. This house must be well insulated. It was quite a warm day yesterday, though, 20Β° in the afternoon.

@Dovefromabove I leave tomorrow after lunch and will arrive at 4.30pm. There is an hour time difference though. OH is meeting me at the airport. It will be roughly 6 hrs door to door. It takes me 6 hours to drive to son 1 in Burgundy. Thank goodness for Ryanair. For the price and the convenience I don't know why people moan about them.

Today I will be doing unmentionable things indoors with a duster.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Ah that's good .... I'd not twigged that you weren't driving here this time BusyΒ  :DΒ  I've only flown Ryanair once ... to Dublin ... well, twice ... there and back of course .... I thought they were fine :) ... just as comfortable as a National Express coach which is the equivalent really isn't it?Β  I wouldn't want to fly 'long haul' in those seats, but that's not what they do.Β Β 
    β€œI am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    Afternoon all,

Miss Whiplash is having a break so I've had a quick skim back - glad to see you're all coping without me ;)Β 

Sorry I can't remember who asked but I process payrolls on film and TV productions. It's like juggling sand on most jobs. Crew flitting here, there and everywhere and nobody knows who was working where, when or for how long.

Anyway, 2nd deadline of 3 for this week has been met so I can relax for an hour or two (the last major task takes about 4-5 hrs but I can't start until I get sent some information, which normally gets sent around noon on Friday :o ).

Absolutely glorious day here! Must've been windy overnight though. A couple of the cosmos have copped for it - one uprooted and another snapped. A real shame as they still had dozens of buds waiting to open on them as well as the flowers on show. OH really likes them so that wasn't well-timed (her birthday today).
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,023
    Happy a birthday to Mrs Biglad
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,881
    Good afternoon everyone. Back from a super day with Bestie, her daughter - who continues to improve and is waiting the results of yesterday's blood tests, her daughter-in-law and granddaughter Sofia. Sofia has a new selection of kinetic sand and has been making ice cream sundaes, waffles and cornets. These sand samples came scented to suit their colours and uses so we had chocolate, strawberry and vanilla scents. I steered well clear to avoid any triggers for my cough which has been much eased today.
    Happy birthday Mrs Biglad!
    Bright Pink Drip Cake  Happy birthday flower cake Happy birthday cake  images Happy birthday cakes
    Shame about the Cosmos Biglad but the wind was really blowing a hooley round here in the night. Despite the sunny day today the temperature never got above 10Β°C so it was definitely a tad chilly.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 2,082
    Evening Everyone Happy Days! the apron has been flung in Lily’s TV.

LB Such good news that besties daughter is continuing to improve, hope all goes well with her blood test results. Sofia’s kinetic sand ice cream sundaes sound good 🍧 glad you all had a nice time together,
    Β 
    Biglad Many Happy Returns of the day to Mrs Biglad πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽŠ

Feels very chilly today need warming up β˜•οΈ have a lovely evening everyone.Β 
    Evening Chive. I am feeling quite chilly here too - I've just put the heating on. It must be lovely looking ahead to your half term break.
    @star gaze lily I see that Judi Love has had to pull out of Strictly temporarily because of Covid.
    I am signing out for today so night night anyone still around. See you in the morning.
    animated snoopy halloween gif - Clip Art Library

• RubeeRubee Posts: 7,716
    Signing folks .Good night ,see you tomorrow .