Forum home The potting shed

🎃 🦔 🍁 RESURRECTED 110 🍁 🦔 🎃

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,881
    Good morning early bird Ruby, Chive who has just snuckered in, and all to follow. I slept well last night. Hazel, I cannot tolerate more then one, very thin, pillow to sleep on. I tried another pillow but ended up with a painful crick in my neck. SGL, you are now getting weather that I have been having for many weeks of this year. I recognise the 'flooded garden' syndrome. It was 14°C in my house this morning so I've turned on the heating - that's too chilly for me!
    Pin by debbie ayres on Peanuts  Snoopy cartoon Snoopy funny Snoopy quotes

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Chive, enjoy your last day with the small people. Do you still have to attend on Inset days? Nel must have been having good fun with her toys for you to hear her. Still, you got your early cuppa. I'm enjoying my first of the day.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Hello all … very wet here in Norfolk @Busy-Lizzie …. You’ll need your galoshes and a brolly!!!
    have a good journey … when are you setting off? 🤔 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Good morning Rubee, Chive, LB and Dove and all.  Rubee I hope you managed a further sleep.  Chive we do wonder what our gets get up to.  I’m glad she was playing, bless her.  I’ve been up early with Lily’s tv and just getting things spun.  I had breakfast rather early.  LB yes the first cup of tea is the best.  It’s been raining through the night. 
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 2,082
    edited October 2021
    Good Morning LB, Dove & Bluebells,
    LB Yes she was having a ball with a toy mouse, it was on the tiled floor in the kitchen so she must have been practicing her footie skills 😀 Unless  any training has been organised I am not required to go in so that’s a nice free day tomorrow 😊 
    Dove Hope your OH is not wading to work this morning 🌧
    Bluebells You are ahead of me with having your breakfast and Lily’s TV working, you are off to a good start there enjoy the cuppa ☕️

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Fortunately he’s at home today and tomorrow @Chivetalking 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Good morning Dove and RosieBB. Chive I meant to add that I have been registered with the TPS for many, many years but it doesn't seem to stop all the cold calls. Luckily my phone tells me who is calling and 99% of the time I ignore any unrecognised numbers. I forward all unknown numbers to VM if they are on my landline and to my mobile service provider if the calls are on my mobile.
  • Morning everyone, 
    Only just woken up. At least its not raining at the moment, it was torrential last night. 
    So glad your mum is feeling better @Chivetalking Yes OH is still doing his Zoom pilates. So glad the lady is still doing it via zoom, especially in this weather. I don't think she'll change back now, must be more cost effective for her and it's much safer for everyone. 
    You were up early @bluebellsinthewild and busy too. Wet cloth things done already. 
    I need my first cup of tea, see you later.
    Have a lovely day everyone, take care.
  • Hazel it possibly is the song.  Lovely to have sunshine through the rain.  I’m on my second load.  The others are hung to dry.  Just going to make another cuppa.  Lily I must admit I wasn’t really awake this morning.  
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,023
    edited October 2021
    Morning all, misty  cold morning that it is, brrr.
    23 is fine now, thanks for asking SGL and Rubee. OH was feeling off things for four days after his jabs but is back to normal now.
    Daughter is doing okay too thanks.
    LB, could you not slip a pillow or cushion etc under your mattress to raise the head end of the bed whilst you have this cough? Shouldn't get the crick  in the neck then and may help keep the throat free from congestion.? I used to raise the kids mattress this way when they were small as they couldn't get away with too high pillows either.
    SM delivery today but have to pop to 'esco for some bits.
    We have seen mice in the garden again, drag it. I don't like them in the garden and have seen them flitting near the house so will need to try and get rid of them somehow. 
    Have a good day all.