Forum home The potting shed

🎃 🦔 🍁 RESURRECTED 110 🍁 🦔 🎃

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,827
    I'm waiting patiently for my call from the NHS Hazel. I've had my flu vaccine just need the booster now.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,394
    What a lot of posts since I posted this morning!

Ended up staying for lunch with my friend F. She lives in the village where my first OH is buried in the cemetery. 

Just filled in my Passenger Locator Form for my journey to the UK on Friday. Gosh, what a palaver!

Tipping with rain outside, haven't had rain for a while.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Absolutely hammering down here.
  • I felt exhausted getting back from hospital a taxi and two buses and quite a wait.  I’ve had quite a long sleep.  Luckily I’d bought some baguettes from a bakery at the station so an easy meal.  Dad kindly came with me  Topbird sorry to hear you’re still unwell.  You will have appreciated the cuppa from oh.  LB do look after yourself and I hope the cough is getting better.  I do hope Lily will like the new food.  They can be so picky.   There were quite a few gaps on the shelves at our local as well.  Theyre apparently still having difficulties getting drivers.  It can’t be very pleasant sleeping in the cab, safety and facilities.  Hazel rain today and also sunshine through the rain, what’s the name of the song?  I’m glad you’ll soon be having your booster.  Chive I’m glad things have settled down now and I hope mum is feeling happier.  I hope you had a good day at school.  Busy I hope you’ll have a smooth journey once you’re on your way.  It’s good to catch up with friends.  Lily heavier rains in the evening.  I’ve had several cups of tea and a yogurt. I’ll give cooking a miss today.   I hope you all sleep well.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,827
    Busy, you had better get used to the rain as after Friday I think you might be seeing quite a lot. RosieBB, it must have been exhausting having to do all that travelling. Hope all went well at the appointment. It is time for me to say good night to you good people and I'll see you all tomorrow before I go to see my Bestie.
    Charlie Brown Halloween GIF by Peanuts - Find amp Share on GIPHY

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,998
    Rosie there is a song called " Sunshine through the rain" by Luyolo, is that the song you mean? Or is it an earlier song ?
    Topbird and LB, hope you both have a better night tonight, plenty of pillows up and behind you and glass of water at the ready. Good luck.
    Rosie, oh what a long journey there and back to the hospital( hope appointment went well,for you), you and your dad would have been shattered after that. Try and get a good rest tonight and take it easy tomorrow. Take good care.
    Im off for tonight, just watched the new Shetland, bit of Vigil in there too! Night all. 
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 2,063
    Evening Everyone, 
    Topbird That Miss Whiplash looks like she means business, hope the motorhome is all sorted now, 
    LB I hope Lily is willing to try the new food offering when it comes to it, I wonder if I’ll be facing a similar situation with Nel at the SM she is very particular too. Congrats on your marathon walk across Japan🏅how long did it take to accomplish all those steps? You can register with the TPS Telephone Preference Service it does help to stop some of those nuisance calls if you’ve not done so already it works with mobile numbers too.
    Ante I hope you are resting this evening, sounds like busy few days enjoy putting your feet up, 
    Bluebells it sounds like a long journey home, very tiring for you and your dad I hope all went well there, a simple tea was a good idea,
    Busy Glad you enjoyed your meet up with F today, fingers crossed for a straightforward journey back on Friday, 
    Hazel Good news on your jabs, hope you don’t suffer any ill effects after having them hopefully having them separately will help 🤞
    SGL It has been torrential rain here this evening, might need an amphibious vehicle tomorrow 🚣‍♀️
    Goodnight, hope you all sleep well. 
  • @bluebellsinthewild hope your appointment went well. Your journey sounds a bit stressful. Lovely that your dad went with you for company and support. I expect you're both tired this evening, hope you sleep well tonight.
    Good news about your vaccine @Songbird-1 How is your OH feeling now. Is 23 feeling better too.
    @Busy-Lizzie glad you had a lovely day with your friend. Not long now before you're back in Norfolk with OH. 
    Good to see you @Ante30 have a restful evening. Are you on half term holidays next week.
    @Ladybird4 hope Lily enjoys her new food. Hope you're feeling better and get a good night's sleep.
    @Topbird hope you're feeling better too thus evening, sleep well.
    @Chivetalking one more day and you can have a week off. Half term seems to have come round quickly. Hope you're mum is well and getting stronger every day. 
    It's still raining here, I've never Sen it rain so hard and for so long. The front garden is flooded and it's like a shallow river going down the road. It did ease off for awhile, but it's torrential again, absolutely hammering on the conservatory roof.  

Night night everyone sleep well and sweet dreams. 

• RubeeRubee Posts: 7,697
    Good morning folks . I woke up and thought it was time to get up .How is 23 Hazel ? Also how is your OH after his jab ?Lily I hope that the rain has stopped .It seems to be incessant lately .LB enjoy your time at Besties today .TBird look after yourself .I think I will see if I can sleep for a couple of hours .See you later .
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 2,063
    Good Morning Rubee and all to follow,
    Rubee I hope you managed to return to sleep after the early awakening,
    I could hear Nel messing about downstairs and wanted to see what she was getting up to thankfully just playing with some toys. Cup of tea made and returned to bed.
    Hope you had a good nights rest and have a lovely time with bestie today LB, 
    Lily that rain was relentless last night, it sounds like we should have plenty in our rain barrels 💦 I hope your OH is keeping well is he still doing the zoom Pilates? Mum is getting on well thank you 😊 
    Hope you are rested after the long day yesterday Bluebells,
    Tbird I hope your cough has eased off and is less disruptive in the night,
    Hazel I hope your OH & 23 are feeling better and how is your daughter? Hope you had a decent nights rest too,
    Have a good day everyone.