Forum home The potting shed

🎃 🦔 🍁 RESURRECTED 110 🍁 🦔 🎃

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,130
    Good morning SGL, you weren't there when I started my post. Tea would be most welcome - thank you
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Morning LB,  tea is made ☕☕
    Take care when you go to SM, but hopefully your weather isn't too bad, its pouring here and so very windy.

Have been watching the news and Covid numbers are rising rapidly again. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,529
    Morning all.

Going for coffee this morning with 2 friends, V and F (from my old village). I'm going to tidy up first OH's grave in time for Toussaint, as all the French do. Have bought a pot of yellow chrysanthemums to put on it, as the French do. The cemeteries are ablaze with Chrysanths at this time of year.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,407
    Good morning everyone . It been raining here all night too . Lily I hope I am not too late for a cuppa .LB I am sorry to hear you have had a bad coughing bout .I hope your cold and TBirds soon disappear.Busy how lovely to remember your loved ones in such a colourful way ,lovely tradition .
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 1,825
    Good Morning SGL, LB, Busy & Rubee and all to follow, it has rained heavily all night,
    LB That is a lovely idea to volunteer at the food bank with bestie, nice to meet new people and help them,
    I hope there are no more motoring problems for any of us 🤞
    Bluebells Those twin tubs are made well, you are lucky to have a quick 15 minute wash, ours is 25 minutes and it doesn’t always feel that quick,
    SGL I hadn’t thought of the tunes they play but you’re right they do have a little melody. Ooh yes please for a cuppa if there’s one going 😊
    Busy that is a lovely tradition for your loved ones, have a nice time with your friends this morning, 
    Rubee I hope OH is feeling better, sounds like we all had a good deluge last night I hope it improves today,
    Have a good day everyone. 
  • Good morning.  I have a hospital appmt late morning.  LB and Topbird I hope the coughing subsides today.  Busy a lovely way to remember him.  Time for a cuppa.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,599
    edited October 2021
    Morning all. Not a bad nights sleep so all that washing must have tired me out😏 It's on again now....
    SGL, we bought   the same make, Bosch, but I checked  last night after Rosie mentioning the short programme and it doesn't have one. However, it does have a Speed Perfect which cuts the time down by 65 percent so that's not too bad. 
    Poor LB, sorry to hear
    your cough kept you awake again last night, it sounds a right bind.
    My iPad, as you can see, keeps turning on B for Bold, all by itself🤔😬
    Rosie, all the best at the hospital appointment today, good luck Hope all goes well for you. 
    Chive, not long now until half term week and then you can rest and relax.
    Busy, safe journey back to Norfolk on Friday, and hope all goes well.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,635
    Morning all. I'm still in bed🤭 Had a good sleep last night thank goodness (fingers crossed this cough is genuinely on the way out this time) and I didn't wake up till OH put the shower on at 9am. The mug of tea he brought an hour earlier slipped down a treat even if it was barely warm. Need a second nice hot one now🙂

My 15 year old Bosch has a quick wash cycle but still takes about 40 minutes. I could see that a 15 minute wash would be quite useful for things which aren't really dirty but need a wash. Maybe summer clothes which have been worn once and are being packed away until next year.

Hope you have an easy day LB. I understand how you feel - I didn't do much yesterday for the same reason.

Right - must get on. Need to do something productive today!

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 75,010
    Hello all   :)  Hope the poorly and under the weather are feeling much better soon.  
    It's been very wet here this morning, but I think it's improving now ... it wasn't actually raining when OH set off on his bike to work.  It is however too wet underfoot to do much in the garden .... an indoor day then.
    Have fun folks  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I've got a Bosch too, I love mine. Hope it last for a long time yet. Mines got one for delicates as well as a quick wash both I think are around 35 minutes. I can also adjust the spin speed. It actually has many cycles that I've never used 😂 
    Glad you got a good night's sleep @Topbird and are feeling better this morning. 
    Hope all goes well with your hospital appointment @bluebellsinthewild
    @Songbird-1 hope 23 is feeling better today. 
    @Chivetalking kettle is on again 😉☕☕☕

Its absolutely pouring down and so very windy.