Forum home The potting shed

🎃 🦔 🍁 RESURRECTED 110 🍁 🦔 🎃

• Rubee indoor jobs for me today.  Cleaned the kitchen floor, brushed the rugs and used the upholstery brush on the sofa.  Tidying up after Alfie.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,394
    Went to the SM and the GC this morning. One of the things on my list was a bird feeder or two to hold fat balls. Both had just had a delivery of fat balls but nothing to put them in. I left mine behind at the old house.

I want to put clean sheets on the bed before going to Norfolk, wanted the autumn duvet, couldn't find it anywhere. Wondered if I'd left it at the cleaners. Found it, cleaned, in a plastic bag under one of the spare beds. Obvious really, why didn't I look there? Duvets lived in cupboards at the old house, not enough cupboards here.

I've weeded flower beds and mowed the fiddly bits with the smaller mower. It was a warm sunny day, T shirt weather. 
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-Sea Posts: 2,063
    Good evening everyone, it turned into a warm & windy afternoon it felt very mild outside, lovely for drying wet things, 
    Hope your new washing machine has arrived @Songbird-1, when it comes to changing ours I’d like one with a shorter quick wash, mums is only 15 minutes and it’s so handy, 
    Topbird Glad you had a better night, the train ride to collect the motor home sounded like a very good solution on both counts, hope OH has a safe journey home. Has your new bicycle arrived? 
    Bluebells Alfie’s lovely long coat must leave some fur around, that was a good job done. 
    Busy A very productive day for you, annoying to try and locate something but I’m glad you found the Autumn duvet in the end, you sound ready for your trip back to Norfolk, 
    Son had some car trouble this morning on his journey to work and needed roadside assistance, thankfully it was a part the recovery driver had on his van and the cost of the fix was reasonable. 
    Hope you’ve all enjoyed your day. 
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,825
    Good evening everyone. I have had a bone idle day today and I loved it. The only major thing I had to do was to download and complete a Volunteer Application form as Bestie and I are signing up to help at a food bank on our Thursdays. Its only 2 hours 10-12 so we agreed that we would help out. We have a training day on 28th October and we are looking to start on 4th November.
    T'Bird, I think that was a sensible decision about the journey to Wolverhampton. I hope that the repairs do not require you to take out a second mortgage!
    Busy for some strange reason my birds do not like fat balls but will enjoy the suet blocks. I'm glad that you found your duvet. I did used to have mine cleaned but it was actually cheaper to buy a new one. Bestie and I use the old fillings to stuff our knitted toys. I am jealous of your T-shirt day - it hasn't stopped raining here.
    RosieBB, I bet you could use Alfie's fluff to stuff toys!
    Chive, I was sorry to hear that your son had car trouble but good news he got it all sorted. So that is T'Bird and your son with motor problems so I wonder who will be the third? Hope it isn't me.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    I am signing out for tonight. Enjoy your evenings. See you all tomorrow.
    Charlie Brown Halloween GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Chive I’m glad your son had a reasonable price for his road side assistance and the part in the van.  I have a 15 minute wash and it is very handy as you say.  I’m still in the dark ages with a twin tub, although a good washer and you can alter the speed on the girator.  LB Alfie’s fur would be great for stuffing toys.  He’s moulting at the moment.  I don’t know what his parents were as he was in a pet shop.  I’m not sure they do that now.  He was covered in saw dust at the time.  Although he’d had the usual treatments, vaccinations at the time and he was scheduled to go back for his follow up vaccination.  He was tearing up his cardboard box on the way home.  I’m sure you and bestie will be of great help at the food bank.  It will be much appreciated.   I hope everyone has a good evening.  Goodnight everyone.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,998
    Evening all. Been busy today playing with the new washer. I did two loads and decided that was enough for one day. It's lovely although it was a bit of chew to shut the cold water tap lever, it was stuck fast. a oh eventually got it closed and booked up the new washer. avery pleased with it and it's a lot quieter. Rosie, haven't tried the quick wash yet but I think it's longer than on my other machine. 
    Topbird, good decision about OH going on train, not worth taking a risk when you're not hundred percent.
    Chive, good to hear your son got his car sorted out and LB, good on you for volunteering.
    signing out now as I am very tired tonight. Sleep well everyone.
  • Hi everyone,
    What a mixed weather day it turned out to be. Rained most of the morning, then dry but extremely windy. Then the sun came out, so I went for a walk, got far too hot wearing my coat. Then turned windy again and rained this evening!  Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed  to be very windy and rain all day. 😣
    Glad you're washing machine turned up, hope you're pleased with it @Songbird-1 Did you get the same make as before or have you gone for something different. Does it play a happy tune when finished.
    @Topbird sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly. Get well soon.
    @Busy-Lizzie another busy day. Not long and you'll be back in Norfolk with OH.
    @Chivetalking glad your son got his car fixed without too much trouble.
    @Ladybird4 that's a lovely idea, you and your friend helping at the food bank. 

Hope Debs and Yvie are ok. 
    Will say goodnight everyone, sleep well and sweet dreams.
  • Morning everyone, its been pouring all night and its still raining. It's very dark too. A very autumnal day ahead. Definitely a indoors job day. 
    Time for a cup of tea, I'll put the kettle on for us all ☕☕☕☕☕☕

Good morning everyone
    Best Snoopy With GIFs  Gfycat
    Glad you are pleased with your new washer Hazel. SGL, my washer plays a cheery little tune when its finished. T'Bird, hope that you are feeling a little better today. It seems to be taking an age to shake off this virus and combined with the latest coughing bout I'm worn out! Thinking of making a SM visit today - forecast is dire so shopping might be a distraction. Enjoy your days people!