Forum homeβ€Ί The potting shed

πŸŽƒ πŸ¦” 🍁 RESURRECTED 110 🍁 πŸ¦” πŸŽƒ

19495969798100Β»

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,998
    Hair chopped and looking and feeling much better now. Also nipped to a few shops whilst in town and got some new money wallets and a prescription. All sorted for the weekend so can relax.Β 
    Rubee, good lass, someone else who gets organised early. Just as well if what LB says comes to pass.Β 
    Dove glad your OH is back to normal now.Β 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,998
    Christmas cactus beginning to flower-

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,827
    Yours iooks healthier than mine Hazel.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,697
    The very first time I have been able to keep one alive .it’s in my covered porch .
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,827
    Yours is beautiful too Ruby. I just brought mine in from the GH and I think it has been a bit chilled. I have more in there that need bringing into the house.
    Link forward to RESURRECTED 111:

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,697
    I have completely neglected it . Forgetting to water to the point it started to shrivel.
    I don’t move it .
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,969
    Afternoon all - why are you all shouting????🀣 Mucho reliefo after a brief session with the aural vacuum cleaner. You know you were right to go when the audiologist says "Oooh! - that's a big lump...".πŸ₯³

Whilst on a health roll, I popped into opticians and booked an eye test for the 30th and picked out some new frames. Decided my 20 year old reading glasses (which are now a perfect prescription for intermediate [ie computer] work) need replacing. Hoping I won't need a new scrip for my current 'best' readers though.

Then a quick visit to a charity shop where I found some pacs of nice Christmas cards at a very reasonable price, some seasonal coasters - pac of 4 for Β£2.50 (couple of pacs bought as stocking fillers), and a Nigella cookbook I'd been thinking of buying in excellent condition for Β£2.50. Some real bargains there I think.

Found a new eating place to try and then did a SM shop. Our store (still being refurbished) now features a separate small meat larder with dry aged / properly hung beef joints. All hung for a minimum of 30 to 40 days. The meat looked delicious - will have to try a steak soon.

Managed to get some oxtail from the butchery counter to add to someΒ short ribs I have in the freezer. I'll make a proper beef and mushroom stew with added porcini paste to serve with horseradish mash for Sunday dinnerπŸ˜‹

All in all a successful trip out. No gardening today but hey ho - always tomorrow.

Rubee - I won't be at your stage of readiness until about the 23rd December... Well done!
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down