Forum home Plants

Any hope for this Aloe Vera?

Hi all, I was given a few Aloe Vera by my friends who are moving abroad. They had them growing in pots outdoors in quite heavy and damp soil. I only just got time to repot / rescue them now. Others still have white stems so I just repotted into gritty soil and moved indoors, but this one looks like a bit of a goner? Stem feels mushy and hollow.

Is there still a way I can save or propagate it please? Thanks!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,874
    edited October 2021
    I'd plant it in a pot in a gritty compost.  Water it and then leave it to drain ... keep it in decent light somewhere frostfree (kitchen windowsill and in the studio  in this house) it'll need very little water, if any at all, over the winter ... but my bet is that it will spring into life in the spring  :)

Those little ones should be ok too. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks @Dovefromabove I'll give it a go  :)
  • @msqingxiao Aloe Vera don’t like sun light. They turn yellow brown if they are in sunshine all the time and die. Keep them in a North facing window position and they will grow well. We had our Aloe plants in gravel pots. Makes easy to see if they need a water change. 
    We used to say back then, they grow in darkness. 

I my garden.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,874
    I agree @Simone_in_Wiltshire 😊 
    my direction to keep it in ‘decent light’ is because it’ll be the winter months so low light levels just after it’s potted up. 
    😊 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.