Forum home The potting shed

RHS membership question .

PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,050
I am signing up now and want to visit Bridgewater tomorrow will I need something to show I am a member something which you would get through the post like a membership card? Or is they an app for a RHS membership for phones . 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,388
    Have only ever used my card and only recently got a phone that does apps .

You should get a confirmation email so just take a copy of that altho it may not go thru fast enough on a weekend.  Left it a bit late?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,050
    Yes just a bit to late spur of the moment thought . I were just going to get a ticket but thought for the extra £38 I'll sign up and get the magazines for something to read over the winter. 
  • I was asked to show my membership card, but if you have a membership number or other proof of membership then that should be enough.
  • cmarkrcmarkr Posts: 49
    Why not sign up on the door?
  • I signed up in the summer and visited before my membership card arrived (which took a couple of weeks). Providing my membership number (which they email to you) on arrival was enough.
    edited 9 October
    Thanks I'll see how I go on. 
    Wasn't sure you could sign up at the door with having to book time slots. 
  • cmarkrcmarkr Posts: 49
    Perki said:
    Thanks I'll see how I go on. 
    Wasn't sure you could sign up at the door with having to book time slots. 
    Ah, of course, I'd forgotten Bridgewater still requires booking, the other RHS gardens have reverted to no booking required. Hope it worked out well for you.
    They let me in just wanted to look at the email  :) , a little bit underwhelmed with the garden maybe in time I'll be more impressed when its grown in. 
  • I have been five times, starting in June, and the established parts of the garden were superb earlier in the year, but not nearly as good when I went earlier this month. It will be years before some parts of the garden are mature, such as the arboretum.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,576
    I went on the last day of August and I was very impressed, given its newness. I thought the garden centre was a bit of a disappointment though - Harlow Carr's is much better.