Forum home The potting shed

⛽CURMUDGEONS' CORNER CORNER XVII⛽

B3B3 Posts: 19,027
Good moaning everyone😊
In London. Keen but lazy.

• AngelicantAngelicant CheshirePosts: 74
    3 doors down put their Christmas lights on yesterday😱😱😱
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 774
    Hi. Raining here this morning and OH had a craving for something from the nearby supermarket. I have an on line order to pick up from the chemist next door, plus two prescriptions I was planning to collect on Monday. Phoned the pharmacy to see if by any chance the prescriptions were ready, not yet but if you give me an hour? I told him not to worry, I’ll come in on Monday, expecting that we’d be there and back in half an hour. By the time OH had got ready, found wherever he had left the car keys, found somewhere to park in town, and he’d dithered over the herbs and spices shelf, the prescriptions would have been ready. Now I’ve got to go back next week, grrrrrr.
    A fairly mild grumble, but it’s left me annoyed. 
  • CharlotteFCharlotteF East Surrey, UKPosts: 333
    @Ergates I'm finding the lack of fuel is focussing the mind a bit on unnecessary journeys! That would bother me too.
  • WoodgreenWoodgreen Posts: 217
    3 doors down put their Christmas lights on yesterday😱😱😱
    Is that for this year or next year?
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 774
    We’ve been lucky down here, we got a full tank last week, and the garage we passed in town this morning had both diesel and E10, although no E5, and no queue. We are both retired and only do short trips, so at least we aren’t in desperate need. As long as we have enough petrol to get to the hospital if needed, we’ll cope. Hoping daughter gets home ok from her week away.
  • CharlotteFCharlotteF East Surrey, UKPosts: 333
    That's lucky. None to be found anywhere round here without stalking where deliveries are going and waiting in a huge queue- luckily we don't use the car much!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,513
    I drove past 2 filling stations. One, with 6 pumps, had 2 vehicles in it: another with 4 pumps had a van using the air  pump
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,027
    A working air pump! Now there's a thing!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,513
    Bradley Walsh ! Is there anyone who has been more "promoted above their abilities"?
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,027
    I don't know what he's been promoted to but he seems ok to me so far