Forum home Plants

Please id these potted succulents

I’m assuming that they are all house plants. Should I repot them and what are they? Thanks 

• The one on the right is an Echevera I think and the other 2 look like different forms of Agaves. 
    All will need protection from frost but can spend the summer outdoors.
    Others may have clearer ID's tho. 
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Posts: 2,536
    I think the 2 on the left are Aloes.
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • I debated between Agave and Aloe @madpenguin - then the sun came out so had to rush into the garden :D
    I'd say same treatment/growing medium for both tho.
  • The one with the baby kind of looks like aloe but it has more prickles than my large aloe so I wasn’t sure.
    will look up agave and echevera now, thanks
  • The Echeveria's new leaves look a bit small, which suggests that it may not be getting enough direct sunlight. Would benefit if you move them to the brightest windowsill in the house.
  • Thanks I might move them to the conservatory eventually.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Posts: 2,536
    The Echeveria looks fine.
    The leaves in the centre of the rosette start small and get larger as they get older.
    The bottom leaves will then die off and leave the rosette on a stalk,this can look unsightly after a while so you can then behead the rosette (and pot up to start again) and you should get a few more rosettes to grow from the stalk.
    https://succulentplantcare.com/beheading-a-succulent-after-it-blooms/
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Thanks @madpenguin That’s a really interesting link, I hope mine flowers. I accidentally beheaded my aloe when it got really leggy and I’ve ended up with lots of babies on the stump and the head has grown into a much nicer shape. Good to know this method works for echeveria too.