Forum home Problem solving

Please ignore the cats this was taken a few weeks ago all was well then but now very brown leaves

• Is it the container causing the problem or have I crammed three large plants into a small area???
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,158
    Most likely - it's as you surmise. Too small a space for three plants.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156
    Plenty of water I presume?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,158
    I think that's likely to be the other problem @fidgetbones. Possibly combined with poor or incorrect growing medium as well.
    What are they growing in @trisha.nicholsS9WTPNJu?
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,307
    I'm not at all into cats, but they are fine specimens. The kind that would make a mere human feel inferior.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Jac19Jac19 Worthing, South Coast of EnglandPosts: 496
    edited September 2021
    BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS cats.

Nice plant. I expect it needs very sandy soil.  Could you possibly make the container bottomless and have the roots find their way into the ground underneath?

People here will advise the right soil to plant it in and try to revive it.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,629
    I think the containers aren't wide enough from front to back. I don't grow bamboo but most plants want to hmake rootballs that are wider than they are deep. So cramped roots, not enough moisture and possibly not enough goodness in the compost if they've been in there a while.
    PS the cats are beautiful :)
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,888
    edited September 2021
    I adore cats, haven't had one since 2006,hubby won't let me,long hair ginger looks like daughters, chewy (,star wars fan,) who was taken over where she used to live and has been taken over now. So busy lusting after them,sorry didn't read question! Oh, I've got 3 bamboo in large pots, they need a huge amount of water