Forum home The potting shed

Forget me not seed favours _

Hi
I am making up some forget me not seed favours for a funeral, in small personalized pkts.
How many seeds per pkt / person please ?
Can loose seeds go in pkt without causing damage to seed or paper ?
Thank you

• I would have thought 20 to 30 seeds would be adequate per packet.  They germinate easily.
    Ensure the seeds are thoroughly dry before enclosing them in the paper packets.
  • Thank you. They were in sealed packets when I bought them, I assume they will be dry ???? Yes ???
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,099
    Yes, they should be as long as they're still in the sealed inner packet, or if opened they haven't been in a damp/humid atmosphere. Once you've divvied them up, keep your packets in an airtight container until you're ready to hand them out.
    Lovely idea, by the way. Once forget-me-nots are in a garden, they'll be there forever unless someone is very rigorous about pulling them before the first flowers set seed, which is usually while there are still plenty of new buds opening. We were once given a packet by the vets when we had to have one of our cats put to sleep, but never for a human's funeral.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,041
    I did FGMNs and sunflowers for my dad's funeral. Ebay have some lovely seed packets, with or without seeds. They can also make packets with your own writing on.
  • Thank you everyone. I feel confident about doing them now.