Forum home Tools and techniques

Datura harvest.

Here are some seeds from this year. I don’t think there mature. But I am a bit of a herbalist.

• I am waiting for some seedpods to open naturally to gather the seeds for growing. But I have other uses for them.
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 584
    Hells bells? Sounds too dangerous to me. But interesting. I’ve just started to dabble in some herbalism.
  • I started off with wormwood and fennel. I have grown nightshades for along time. They do posses many medicinal quality’s. but to the unknowing practitioner they can be dangerous.
    Plants are amazing. I’m using plantain, self heal and calendula. Also other unusual edible herbs and flowers. All easy to grow stuff. I’ll look into fennel.
  • Camomile is nice aswell. Very relaxing.
    I haven’t been able to get hold of camomile yet - I actually tried to sow a camomile tea bag because someone told me the seeds would still be viable in there 😆. I’ve just bought yarrow seeds though. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,031
    @Ilikeplants chamomile tea is made from the flowers … not the seeds. There are unlikely to be any seeds in a chamomile tea bag. 
    For teas/tisanes you need the tall German chamomile, not the type used for lawns. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Thanks for the link @Dovefromabove It’s one to add to my list. I like the idea of tisanes- like the fancy French shop I visited years ago that had all manner of dried herbs for steeping.