Forum home Plants

ROSES Autumn/Winter Season 2021/22

• FireFire LondonPosts: 11,581
    @Nollie - I wasn't suggesting I have any sense.  Just longing.
  • JessicaSJessicaS East Midlands, UKPosts: 349
    I have pre ordered from Austin;
    Munstead wood
    Lady Emma Hamilton

Pre ordered from styles;
    Koko loko
    Fabulous
    Simply gorgeous.
    I really like their new 'special birthday' rose as well amongst others, I will see what else they bring out but will try and resist till next year... maybe... ;)

I am trying not to order any more shrubs this year until I get the new lot in and dig the grotty shrubs out of the front garden. Im potting the bare rooted ones over winter again though as that worked well last year.

Munstead is for the front, and I will add more there but need to sort the watering issue first... thinking of installing a drip hose I can just connect in the evenings.

Ive spotted pococks roses have some of the pheno geno roses e.g art vaza. They also have a climbing persica! Looks like its new. Ive got just the spot for it over my arbour and the fence behind it, its by a pink shrub and my other persicas, so its jumped on my list...
     https://www.garden-roses.co.uk/shop/ORIENTA-ALADDIN-climber-M1531

Id like another rose to put with bedding plants in a container too, like I have with wiltshire, which has been fantastic and prolific. Looking at options!
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,123
    Sorry, just teasing @Fire, a wild rose jungle sounds fab!

@dabolem I can certainly recommend Astronomia but my ‘Francis Dubreuil’ is new and very small, so I don’t really know what form it will grow into. It’s certainly not the Tea rose it is claimed to be; many more experienced rose growers than me think it may br the old hybrid tea Barcelona, but whatever it is, it hates direct sun of any kind! @Marlorena has had it much longer than me and might be of more help?
  • JessicaSJessicaS East Midlands, UKPosts: 349
    I must admit to admiring Astronomia too...
    @edhelka my friend has the bees knees its lovely!
    @Marlorena your mutablis is lovely....
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 618
    @edhelka Your list is interesting :smile: especially The Bees Knees. The open flower clusters are enchanting.