Forum home Problem solving

Honey Fungus?

Evening all - took these snaps today and now I'm worrying, do I have a honey Fungus issue? Thinking back I think I had the same fungus in the same place last year.

If so what should be my plan of attack?


  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,838
    I think it is sulphur tuft rather than honey fungus. If the gills underneath the cap are olive green that would help confirm the ID. There is no plan of action you can take other than don't eat them as they are poisonous. The fruiting bodies you see are only a temporary part of the much larger mycellium which will be growing through your sleepers.
  • SkandiSkandi Posts: 1,723
    I agree with steephill a photo of the underside of the mushroom would help us be certain, nothing to do about them, just treat them as a nice colorful flower.
  • Does this provide any clarity? If they are not detrimental to other plants quite happy to leave well alone  :)

  • BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,696
    Here’s sulphur tuft

    And here’s honey fungus

    I’m no specialist but I would be pretty confident in saying you have sulphur tuft.
    Rutland, England
  • Good news all round then - thank you.
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,838
    Yes that helps a lot, very probably sulphur tuft. The mushrooms will disappear on their own in a week or so.
Sign In or Register to comment.