Forum home Problem solving

Hozelock dripper system

I have installed a Hozelock 25 pot dripper system (product no. 2804) and connected this system to my domestic water supply via a Hozelock 3 way tap connector (product no. 2250).

The dripper system has a Sensor Controller Plus with a day light sensor that adjusts the daily watering schedule to start at sunrise and sunset.

I want to water parts of my garden not reached by the dripper system by attaching a hose to the middle connection on the  3 way tap connector at times of the day when the dripper system is not scheduled to come on.

However, with all the taps and connectors open, I cannot get any water to come out of the hose.

Should I press the Water Now button on the Sensor as a manual override to cancel the currently programmed automatic watering operation?

Thanks, Paul

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,479
    edited September 2021
    Check the direction of any Waterstop connectors you may be using.
  • KT53KT53 South WestPosts: 6,838
    Unless the 3 way has a controller for each outlet it shouldn't have any effect on a hose connected to it.
  • Thanks. I think the solution is pressing the Water Now button in the controller which allows water to come through the hose outlet
    Have you got the controller between the tap and the 3 way?
  • Yes

In that case you will have to press Water Now.  I assumed the Hozelock controller was on one of the outlets.
  • Put the controller on one of the 3 way taps and that will free up the other 2 taps to use as you please. You’ll need a separate controller for the hose. I run 4 controllers off a 4 way tap connector all connected to different sprinklers around the garden.