Forum home Problem solving

Does anyone know what these are please? I was sent lupin seeds but these have grown

• PlantmindedPlantminded WirralPosts: 1,260
    Hi there, it looks like another member of the pea family.  This link may help you identify it: Fabaceae: Legume or Pea Family. Identify plants, flowers, shrubs and trees. (wildflowers-and-weeds.com).  Hope this helps.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,629
    Maybe a vetch of some sort. If the seed came from a reputable supplier, send them your pictures and ask for a replacement or refund.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,045
    Could they be field lupins?

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,415
    Could it be one of the legumes that's sold for growing as a green manure ... sometimes they all get lumped together by the catch-all term  'Blue Lupin'
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,629
    Another thought - check the packet to see if there's a botanical name. If there is, that'll identify what they're supposed to be and then we can get into whether what came up is what was supposed to be in the packet.
  • JennyJ said:
    Another thought - check the packet to see if there's a botanical name. If there is, that'll identify what they're supposed to be and then we can get into whether what came up is what was supposed to be in the packet.
    JennyJ said:

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,415
    Your plants definitely are not Russell Lupins which is what the lower picture shows ... but the top picture doesn't look like a Russell Lupin to me .... I would contact the seller, send photos, and see what they say.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,478
    I don't think ebay is a trustworthy source of seeds, far too many rip-off merchants. I would stick to identifiable UK suppliers who care about their reputation.
  • Yes Iv been refunded as they have no idea what they are.  Iv had some gorgeous Lupins off there before so it was a total mix up. These things happen I just wondered if anyone knew what they were 😃
  • KT53KT53 South WestPosts: 6,832
    I thought maybe they had grown into something dubious and that was going to be your defence. :D