Forum home The potting shed

🏆And the prize for the worst PITA weed 2021 goes to .......

• Bramble, Bindweed, Alkanet, Vinca major and Ash saplings/seedlings in garden.  Bramble, Ivy .Ash and Snowberry surrounding my garage over the road.
  • seacrowsseacrows Posts: 221
    Horsetail and bindweed. And alkanet because it gives me a rash.
  • Creeping buttercup.
    Sunny Dundee
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne & Wear Green Belt Posts: 1,613
    Bindweed. From next door. Also spotted horsetail in her front border. FML
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,972
    Wood Avens. It came up like cress this year, there are a few plants which are growing out of clumps of harts tongue fern making them tricky to deal with. And I had to get rid of an ornamental grass when some kind of creeping weed grass got into into it... there was no way of dealing with it.
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 2,267
    Oxalis, the red/brown type. I ignore it most of the time because it's indestructible anyway and not too visible.
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,034
    The vote seems pretty conclusive.
    The outright winner of the WPW trophy 2021 is bindweed.🏆 
    Dishonourable mention is awarded to brambles, ivy,  wood avens, horsetail and leylandii
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,297
    Oxalis doesn't just sit there it moves through our veg plot, bindweed and masses of huge flaming brambles coming from neighbours garden
  • BraidmanBraidman Sunny QuedgeleyPosts: 266

Chickweed, since I gave up keeping budgies it is everywhere on the plot, even taller than the potato haulms.

The others mentioned are easy, a spray with weedkiller and regular use of the hoe does for them all!

And no seeding weeds in the compost heaps ever!
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 2,169
    B****y Bindweed is now taking over the roses!