Forum home The potting shed

Blackbird odd behaviour ??

2»

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 2,594
    Oh dear @b2laf - how very sad.  You are doing well feeding this poor little fledgling. Nature will take its course soon enough.
  • b2lafb2laf Posts: 8
    It is very sad. The little lady had her last hop to the top of the garden and passed.  Flies seemed to know as they would not leave her alone now they are all over her.... Should I leave nature to do its job or should I intervene and bury her.... I am so sad...I hoped I could save her..
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,286
    I’d scrape a shallow grave and cover her over .. it’ll keep the flies off while letting the ground beetles do their job. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 2,237
    @b2laf  As you had grown so fond of her and watched her from day to day I would personally bury her somewhere that you won't be using for plants. She seemed happy enough whilst she was alive and you have looked after her well. Don't let the flies have their way. I buried my pigeon. Don't be sad. 
    Thank you. I will. RIP little lady blackbird...
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 2,237
    Well done.  :)
  • RedwingRedwing SussexPosts: 1,314
    😢
    Based in Sussex, I garden to encourage as many birds to my garden as possible.
    Thank you for all your replies.  I guess she may have been abondoned if they parents knew she was ill... All very sad in this instance, but generally Nature is marvellous and knows what is best. Thank you all once again...happy bird watching..really seems a lack of birds this year :( eerily quite..need a bit more sun...get everything buzzing again.