Forum home Problem solving

White aphids swarming

Woke up to hundreds of white aphids on the inside of all my open windows, anyone know why?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,335
    Whereabouts do you live ... are you in a rural area where farmers are harvesting?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Not particularly no. There’s a bit of hay making but not atm due to the wet weather but really we live on the edge of the moors. 
    That sounds lovely ... we're near to marshes :)

If they've not been displaced from a crop being harvested, maybe there's been a recent hatching of something and your windows are strangely attractive to them ... 

Is it possible for a photo of some of them ... clear enough for @wild edges or someone to attempt an ID?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I’ve vacuumed them all up 🙄there were so many. Thank you for your time though it’s much appreciated. 🙏🏼
    Whatever they are you dont want them on the inside of your open windows this weather ... you might want to shut them Brrr!

• bédébédé Surrey Hills, acid greensand.Posts: 202
    Are you sure they are aphids?
  • Found a couple that since come in. 

I’ll tag @wild edges … his eyes are younger than mine … and he knows more about insects 😃 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,020
    This is beyond even my best squinting. :#
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.