Forum home Garden design

New garden clearance

Hi all

Moved in to our new home last week and the garden was overgrown compared to when we last viewed in April!! The borders were full of brambles, thistles, bindweed and nettles but the soil is lovely and was very easy to dig out the roots. Here are some before and afters, took 3 evenings of hard work. 

Lots of ideas, probably will add trellis along the shorter fence (it’s ours so no problem there) as the fence and posts are in good condition. Thinking probably paint the fences black (am I really brave enough to do that?! Photos I’ve soon look amazing) Back of the garden has 5 tree stumps so will need to hire a stump grinder to get them out as would like to put in a lilac and couple of acers and have a little
bench. 

Anyway, no rush for the garden - just pleased it’s safe and tidy for now! 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,441
    I wanted to see what you'd done, so I've turned it. Good start.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • I wanted to see what you'd done, so I've turned it. Good start.

Thanks! Every time I upload with my phone portrait photos turn sideways 🙄
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,293
    I'd have left those brambles till the autumn. You could have had a good picking of blackberries off those! :)
  • I'd have left those brambles till the autumn. You could have had a good picking of blackberries off those! :)
    I go blackberry picking when I’m out and about but don’t want any thorns in my garden at all. We all have our own requirements and reasons for what we want out of our gardens and I certainly don’t want brambles