Forum home Fruit & veg

Pear leaves curl

I bought this Pear tree 5 weeks ago and since then the leaves have curled up but otherwise the tree itself seems healthy.Ive sprayed it with stuff suggested by 2 garden centres but nothing seems to have changed with the leaves.Im wondering if someone does actually know what I should do.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,310
    edited August 2021
    I don't think there's anything for you to do other than ensure it's well watered.  I certainly wouldn't regard that as anything alarming in a newly planted tree.  At this time of year I'd give your tree two buckets full of water at least twice each week ... whether it rains or not.  

There's no point in spraying if you don't know what you're spraying for or against ... all it does is put money in the garden centre's bank account and you may be harming beneficial insects that you'll need on your tree in future years. 

I'm assuming that it's been properly planted in the ground in well-prepared soil ... so keep any weeds and grass away from the base of the tree ... it needs a clear circle of 1m in diameter around it so that there's no competition for nutrition or moisture, and nowhere for fungal spores to lurk. 

I hope that helps  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks very much I wont spray anything else on it.i am making sure it has water and keeping all weeds n grass well away.i put fertilizer in the ground before planting it and teased the roots.i have other trees and they seem all ok such as cherry,pear,plum,apple.all planted within last 3 months.i will put a comment on again if things get any worse.thanks again for response