Forum home Tools and techniques

Mattock Club

• TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne and Wear Green Belt Posts: 880
    I’m almost identical (apart from being a man). Give me a challenge and I will gladly take it on. 

I feel a bit like a terrier sometimes. Haha. 

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,882
    Yup you got it @JamesSB... don't ever tell me I can't or shouldn't do something..... its the most irresistible invitation going!!!
  • Very glad to see Mattock Club is growing. Remember, the first rule of Mattock Club is that you have to talk about Mattock Club, and that’s also the second rule. The third rule is you have to make a video about your mattock and give it a name. 
    Yup you got it @JamesSB... don't ever tell me I can't or shouldn't do something..... its the most irresistible invitation going!!!
    Yep. I think that’s why I’m a doer more than my six foot other half. I feel I have to make up for my diminutive stature. Haha. 
    @CostumedVole I think you can write the rules. I’ll do the PR. 
  • Rule 4: Wear protective footwear. Toes are necessary.
    Rule 5: Talk about Mattock Club some more.
    Rule 6: Move to a property where there are tree stumps to remove if you don't currently have any.
    Rule 7: Remove tree stumps.
    Rule 8: Post photos of tree stumps so other Mattock Club members can share the joy.
    Rule 9: Bask in adulation and enjoy the burn of aching muscles acquired in a good cause.
    Rule 10: Talk about Mattock Club.
    I can tick most of these off already. I don’t want to keep moving though so once these stumps are all out I will have to wander the neighbourhood looking for more. 

I also need to think of a name…… 

@CostumedVole
  • Didn't want to be too prescriptive. Mattock club is a broad church. Perhaps we could organise a mobile branch of roaming teams of members, dedicated to hacking out tree stumps wherever they may be found.
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,882
    Didn't want to be too prescriptive. Mattock club is a broad church. Perhaps we could organise a mobile branch of roaming teams of members, dedicated to hacking out tree stumps wherever they may be found.
    That appears to be pretty much an accurate description of my gardening round!!! I'm happy to have help!!!!
  • Perhaps this is where the Lycra mentioned way back would come in. We could have capes. @JamesSB could design them, since he came up with the original logo. Although I'm not keen on it as a colour combination, yellow and black could be the club colours, since it seems to be the usual one for mattocks. Mine certainly is.