Forum home Tools and techniques

Mattock Club

• B3B3 Posts: 19,395
    The world is your ostrich - even.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • CostumedVoleCostumedVole Posts: 257
    Or any animal of your choice, really. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 11,543
    Aarvarks always seem to get missed off the list, somehow. You'd think they'd come top, give their place in the dictionary. They get my vote every time.
    Fire said:
    Aarvarks always seem to get missed off the list, somehow. You'd think they'd come top, give their place in the dictionary. They get my vote every time.
    That's great. 'The world's your aardvark' is going to be my version from now on. I'm also keen, for obvious reasons, on 'The world's your vole', but am prepared to accept that aardvarks have precedence.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,395
    I don't think I'd like my  world to be an oyster anyway. It sounds a bit claustrophobic.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    And a bit like phlegm. 
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne and Wear Green Belt Posts: 866
    There will be no phlegm in GWF Mattock Club 
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,798
    Can I join please? I have a mattock.  Once my customers know this they think everything is simple with one of these..... comments like could you just remove that laurel tree please? As if a mattock isn't operated by a knackered arthritic gardener!!
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne and Wear Green Belt Posts: 866
    Haha @WonkyWomble Two of my sisters said a similar thing yesterday “that’ll be a doddle now you have that”! 

No, it was still knackering. My aching body this morning is evidence of that! 
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,798
    Exactly! @JamesSB
    I currently have a trapped nerve in my lower back due to daily activities like that!! I happen to be a 5ft6 size 8 woman of 45 but I can still lift 17 stone due to a great deal of pigheadedness but it doesn't mean I don't feel it afterwards!!!! 😰