Forum home Tools and techniques

Mattock Club

• TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne and Wear Green Belt Posts: 857
    Lyn said:
    JamesSB said:
    Peaches and cream. That’s made me hungry @Lyn

Although growing up it was tinned “fruit cocktail” and evaporated milk! 

Only on a Sunday and it wasn’t called ‘pudding’ 
    Afters in our house. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,130
    Same here James. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

@CostumedVole That video is awful. 

I was tempted to knock my phone in the bath to make it stop! I couldn’t dry my hands quickly enough! 
  • CostumedVoleCostumedVole Posts: 257
    But... but... but... that's what Mattock Club is all about! Evangelising about your deep love of mattocks and their hand-carved hickory handles! Are you not going to do one for yours? And give it a name?
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 11,479
    Are we not all about "friction fit" and "head/handle ratios"? There is, admitedly, a sad lack of lyra. The string section is jolly.
    Fire said:
    Are we not all about "friction fit" and "head/handle ratios"? There is, admitedly, a sad lack of lyra. The string section is jolly.
    Well, I know I am.
    edited 1 August
    Perhaps I need to make my own videos for the club. 

They may go viral and help us pay for crisps, dips and wine (and tea for us boring folk) oh and boots for those with crocs and a shawl for anyone turning up in Lycra. @CostumedVole
    JamesSB said:
    Perhaps I need to make my own videos for the club. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you actually boring enough? I think you might be at risk of making them entertaining. It takes real skill to turn the fascinating subject of mattocks into something quite as tedious and yawn-inducing as our YouTube friends do.
    I was told recently, by a doctor I was speaking with on the phone, that my voice was “very soporific” and a few years back someone told me that I should “do late night radio or something” so I think I may be perfect! @CostumedVole
    Well, in that case, don't hesitate any longer! The YouTube Mattock Club world's your lobster.