Forum home Tools and techniques

Mattock Club

• AstraeusAstraeus Posts: 208
    JamesSB said:
    It feels good doesn’t it @Astraeus

The best bit is when it starts to move. You know you’re doing well at that point. 
    It does. I just wish it wouldn't do that false summit thing where you can rock it and thus think you're nearly there but there are still three solid roots and a tap root!

P. S. The footwear comments ring hollow. Good fooywear? My neighbour remarked how surprised she was to see me wearing my crocs. 😂
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne and Wear Green Belt Posts: 878
    edited August 2021
    There’s nothing to consider. Get one! 

Changed my life. 

I dismantled a 6x8 shed with one a few months back and couldn’t have got those trunks out without a CB. 

@CostumedVole
    Astraeus said:
    JamesSB said:
    It feels good doesn’t it @Astraeus

The best bit is when it starts to move. You know you’re doing well at that point. 
    It does. I just wish it wouldn't do that false summit thing where you can rock it and thus think you're nearly there but there are still three solid roots and a tap root!

P. S. The footwear comments ring hollow. Good fooywear? My neighbour remarked how surprised she was to see me wearing my crocs. 😂
    I didn’t think about my feet until I was wielding the mattock and I looked down at where I was aiming. 

I suppose one could get carried away with health and safety and end up in a suit of armour. 

Boots would be a good idea though. I don’t want to lose a foot for the sake of a pond. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 12,060
    I have a fantasy mattock and an intention to get one someday. Am I anethema?
    Not at all @fire

Intention to procure is enough. 

Mattock owners, users, fanatics, admirers and those who are merely curious. 

It is a broad church. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 12,060
    I'll join in the mattock-curious & fantasy (MC&F) cohort. (It's always useful to have an acronym, just to confuse people). Do I need to buy any lyrca?
    Hahaha @Fire

If you feel the urge to buy Lycra then go with it. 

We already have someone coming to meetings in crocs! 
  • JamesSB said:
    There’s nothing to consider. Get one! 

Changed my life. 

I dismantled a 6x8 shed with one a few months back and couldn’t have got those trunks out without a CB. 

@CostumedVole
    I don't have a shed to dismantle, but I do like to be prepared in case one crops up. You never know. Sheds are cunning beasts.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,471
    JamesSB said:
    Peaches and cream. That’s made me hungry @Lyn

Although growing up it was tinned “fruit cocktail” and evaporated milk! 

Only on a Sunday and it wasn’t called ‘pudding’ 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• CostumedVoleCostumedVole Posts: 257
    edited August 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvnk7EfJYhQ

Time for a training video!

Eleven wonderful minutes of a guy in love with his mattock.