Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
    That looks amazing @D0rdogne_Damsel … I totally agree with @Hostafan1 😎 
    Glad the river looks full @Pat E 👍 
    it’s a sunny morning here and OH is at home today … I plan to make cucumber relish and start brining veg for the piccalilli. @WonkyWomble  has informed me that son isn’t the only one of my offspring who likes it … she and her Lovely Hub do too. 
    I’ll have to make another batch so we can have some 😂 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 11,065
    Morning Dove. Yes, when I was hanging the washing out yesterday, I could actually hear the river rushing over the gravel. Nice sound. 😁
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,671
    Pat E said:

Thinking of you Hosta. Just a question. Does he understand what’s happening.  I’ve often wondered if people with memory probs understand. I think I’d rather not know, if it was me. 
    Not really. He doesn't know why he's there, or really WHERE he is.
    Sometimes I have to spoon feed him now.
    Devon.
    The most important thing is that he knows he has someone constant in his life @Hostafan1 … someone who cares enough to be there. ❤️ 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,671
    I'm now getting the 
    " why haven't you been to see me ? " line .

Devon.
    edited August 2021
    Yes, cos his short term memory is shot to bits … and much of what he knows, what he remembers and what he feels arent connected any more … that’s what happens In Alzheimer’s… your brain can’t make those connections…  but you’re still there and for as many hours as possible that is his experience … he exists in the here and now. 

• tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,985
    Good morning.

@D0rdogne_Damsel  Yes, cooler mornings in fact quite cold this morning, but the days are lovely and sunny.  The second wave of tourists are about to come once school goes back - "the pension crew".    I hope you sort out some sort of heating.  Will you stay open all year?

@Busy-Lizzie  Enjoy your day - it's beautiful here, so hopefully the same for you.

And to you all, I bid you a pleasant Sunday.
    Tui
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,808
    Morning all, a cold night but sunny day like you @tui34. Hugs to @Hostafan1
    Wow @D0rdogne_Damsel you have done yourself proud, I would think that if you decide on heating then the people will keep on coming! 
    OH is going up some scaffolding we have borrowed from friends for some outside jobs....should be interesting he doesn't like hights   :o
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,157
    edited August 2021
    What lovely happy scenes @D0rdogne_Damsel ……wish I could come for tea and cake 🍰 

Thoughts are with you @Hostafan1.

Blue skies here today.  Very pleased that my garden is still looking very summery.  It was slow to get going this year, but looks like that will mean its still flowery in September.  Need a day sorting the greenhouse today ….watering, deadheading (and dead leafing) and harvesting a few bowls more of toms.

Then its back to the books 📚 A reminder of how to grow soft fruit today I think 🍓🫐
    The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page  - St Augustine
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,387
    Morning all. Went a bit batty last night - a bat walk round Frensham Little Pond with an expert. Apparently it was International Bat Night last night and we were treated to a good show by the locals. Quite amusing to have bats flitting about a foot above your head feasting on the cloud of midges which were following us around - bat feeding just by walking about. Four definite species I.D.s and two more to be confirmed. We should now be able to identify which bats we have in the garden with a bit more confidence.
    We had a little street party yesterday afternoon followed by a water fight with the children. We did it last year and our supersoakers were a big hit so everybody had much bigger toys this year, I was soaked through by the end.
This discussion has been closed.