Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,486
    Hi Wonky.  Take it easy!
    S. E. NSW
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,701
    Have you tried the Alexander technique @WonkyWomble?  It's a way of using teeny movements to change posture and re-align your spine to free up silly discs and trapped nerves.  

We have lost one chook @Pat E.  She seems to have had a heart attack and died in my arms.  Buried now under the back of the potager where they like to go for a dust bath.   All the others are fine tho only laying 2 eggs a day cos they're growing new wings.   They like this weather.  When it's hot we find them lurking under shrubs or under a car or hiding on the north facing terrace where the two big ficus house plants add to the cool shade.   

It is very grey here now and we're expecting showers for the next couple of days.  Fine by me but not so good for the holiday folk.  I read yesterday that the resident population of La Tranche-sur-Mer is about 3000 but swells to 120,000 in August as 2nd homers and gîte, chalet and caravan owners and renters descend en masse.   Crikey!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,446
    Good morning to you all.

Beautiful, just beautiful after the few days we've had of autumn weather.  It's not too hot (24°C), so walked down to the village with the dogs (we have a lodger for the week) and had a coffee.  Many people, but not the usual holiday crowds.

@WonkyWomble   Backs can be such a pain !!  I hope with the massages and warm baths (Epsom Salts?) you are feeling better.  

@SilviSherr   Have a nice time camping.  Do you stay in the UK?

@Obelixx   Gardening in flip flops could be worrying if there are wee beasties lurking in the undergrowth!  How is the veggie garden coming along?

I'm off to fry some peppers and aubergines (separately) from my garden.  Some fresh  fish from the markets, tomato with basil salad and melon.  I have some interesting tomatoes this year, black ones, blue ones, yellow ones with purple bottoms and some delicious green/yellow striped tomatoes. and red/yellow striped corn shaped ones.  Then a siesta.  Summer daze!

Have a good day if you can.
    Tui

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

Obelixx I’m really sorry to hear that you lost one of the girls.  I’m wondering is she was the adventuring one who was always wandering off on her own. 
    S. E. NSW
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,701
    No, she was the weakest and slowest and laid eggs with very fragile shells that sometimes didn't harden, despite lacing their feed with crushed oyster shells and making sure they get plenty of brassica leaves.

The rest are fine but looking a bit ragged altho Bess and Polly are still very bonny as well as being the chief escape artists. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Interesting, Obelixx. You can only do your best, as you obviously did. 👏👏
    S. E. NSW
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    @WonkyWomble hope you feel better soon
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    Thanks @tui34
    yes stay in the UK. Ours is less than trust worthy T25 camper van. 
    So I won’t leave the country with it. Don’t want to get stranded somewhere where we don’t speak the Language. 
    Also if I go abroad I want a bit of Luxury😂
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,091
    Wasn't sure whether to say that wonky!!
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,212
    Afternoon all, still grey and not too warm but hasn't rained yet, although thunderstorms and heavy rain forecasted for later.
    Met a friend at lunchtime and went to a super brand new upmarket Farmshop and big cafe. Really yummy food but too much for me so came home with a doggy bag. Inspected the food on offer in the shop which looked very high quality, mostly local, with some very tempting ready meals, including interesting Indian dishes. Obelixx, Dove and Busy-lizzie would have been in their element. Must remember the place for when we next have visitors. 

The honeymoon couple have invited us to meet up with them for coffee tomorrow, apparently they're staying in Bath. We didn't get much opportunity to chat at the wedding obviously so looking forward to that. 
This discussion has been closed.