Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,206
    Yikes, I've just volunteered to be chief booker in and substitute organiser for our annual car rally next weekend, our friends, the original organisers, are unfortunately now in isolation for 10 days. We've got 82 entries so far so I'm going to be very busy. That's in addition to a genealogy session I'm also running there on Sunday. Our Dutch friends have also had to pull out as they just can't be sure of the quarantine situation then. A great shame as they very rarely miss a rally.  OH is Chief Judge as well so we're keeping our fingers crossed we'll be okay.

Enjoy your break @Busy-Lizzie, West Yorkshire is lovely. Hopefully the weather will be better as well. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,068
    Was up at 6,bit late to the party. Did dishwasher and 3 washloads. Changed all the beds. Weeded the shingles paths round the veggi plot. Neighbour that you all know about (fence,) hubby is busy stripping daughter's car, says well HE'S got car trouble as well,(determined not to be out done) hubby offers diagnostic coder check,he says no, it's alright.complains about LAST YEAR lockdown,sooooh unfair he couldn't go out! Well,that's funny because they went out AND had visitors,party during lockdown AND no less than 3 holidays after, July, August and September!!
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,203
    Thanks for the good wishes for our journey tomorrow.
    Doubt we'll go to Harlow Carr, @Obelixx, wrong part of Yorkshire, going south of Leeds.

It was grey and drizzly so we ate our curries inside the pub. Not many people there, bit of a shame for the pub.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,684
    Can't be that far @Busy-Lizzie!  Only 25km from Leeds.

I have paint drying and have decided to have a break rather than watch it.  Been hard at work with wire wool removing old polish from my oak refectory table.  Good work out.  Next step is to oil it and bring up the lovely grain.

I expect you'll have loads of fun @Lizzie27 but be shattered at the end of the day.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,206
    I hope not @Obelixx, I've got to do it all over again the following day  and it's a 4 day event in all. It will be good though to see all our friends again as the event was of course cancelled last year. OH has known some of the members for well over 40 years. A few of them started off by doing the first Continental Tour, I don't think France had seen anything like it! 
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    Well I’m done for the day. 
    Running, Dog walking, Bread bakeing and then a bit of weeding. 
    Now it’s all about Dinner and Knitting. 
    Only tomorrow to go then HoliYAY
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,203
    I'm watching the Eventing Cross Country.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,316
    edited 1 August
    Good evening.  I hope the weekend has been kind to you all.

Had a Sunday roast at MIL’s today so it’s just cheese, apple and crackers tonight. Watching BBC 4 Holst: The Planets with Prof Brian Cox. As he would say, “amazing” 🪐

Edit: looks like a clear night, so Venus will be visible. I still find it unbelievable that we can see it with the naked eye. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • SamBevingtonSamBevington NW StaffordshirePosts: 133
    Hi all, just popped the oven on to warm through the takeaway mains from Friday night (we were greedy pigs). Have had a lovely day in the garden.; started off early reading the 'Shame Thread' made me Lol several times and will go down and take pic of several dodgy areas. Potted on 80+ plants for next spring....the Pond / Tula garden (in memory of my lovely girl Labrador). Have 80m2 to play with, planting plans, can you help, Busy Lizzie, your stuff looks fabulous 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
    Lots more exciting Olympics today … well I enjoyed it 😎 
    and a delicious pot roast silverside of beef with the first real picking of runner beans. Delicious. 😋 

Now I’m falling asleep … night night all … 🥱 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

This discussion has been closed.