Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
    I wouldn't count on it @SilviSherr ... I quite understand why @Hostafan1 and his husband prefer to watch the men's diving  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,203
    We are going to West Yorkshire tomorrow to see family and friends. Friends we had in France moved back to the UK about 3 years ago, to a village 15 mins from BIL and SIL. We will be staying 2 nights with each.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    @steephill ... I've only ever had one tick ... it latched on behind my knee ... the resulting infection made the GP retch when he saw it ... it was revolting 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Have a good trip @Busy-Lizzie  :)

• SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    I wouldn't count on it @SilviSherr ... I quite understand why @Hostafan1 and his husband prefer to watch the men's diving  ;)
    Can’t say I blame them😇 
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
    🤣

• SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    We are going to West Yorkshire tomorrow to see family and friends. Friends we had in France moved back to the UK about 3 years ago, to a village 15 mins from BIL and SIL. We will be staying 2 nights with each.
    Enjoy your trip. It’s a sort of holiday anyway
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,684
    Have a good time @Busy-Lizzie.   Hope you can get to Harlow Carr and Betty's!  Best stem ginger cake I'd ever had.   Yum.  This recipe comes close - https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/cake-recipes/preserved-ginger-cake 

Hope Moira gets home safely and not too exhausted @punkdoc and that the siblings can get her mum sorted.

Must admit I'm quite enjoying this cooler spell @tui34 and @floralies.   It's good for my kitchen painting project and oak refectory table renovation and I have a lot less watering to do.   The garden birds like it too - as do the chooks - and have been a lot more active than in the recent heatwave.

Hope it's a good Sunday for everyone, whatever you're doing.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,485
    Night all. 😴
    S. E. NSW
    Sweet dreams @Pat E  🛌 

This discussion has been closed.