Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,364
    punkdoc said:
    She is not great @Hostafan1, but Moira's sis. is now going up, whilst they try to sort out new carers or her going into care.
    I empathise. 
    Sending love to you all. 
    Devon.
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    Hostafan1 said:

We're watching the Olympics golf ...  the commentator keeps saying 'Now this is interesting' ........ but it's not  🤣

Yeah, now the men's diving is finished I don't think any of Olympics is interesting either.
    Hostafan1 said:

We're watching the Olympics golf ...  the commentator keeps saying 'Now this is interesting' ........ but it's not  🤣

Yeah, now the men's diving is finished I don't think any of Olympics is interesting either.
    The Woman’s Rugby was terrific as well. 
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
    Hostafan1 said:

Hostafan1 said:

The Woman’s Rugby was terrific as well. 
    Strangely, not something I've ever watched. Can't think why  o:)
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,737
    Some folk watch for the excitement of the sport @Hostafan1 .... not just/not even for the eye candy 🤣
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Some folk watch for the excitement of the sport @Hostafan1 .... not just/not even for the eye candy 🤣
    but without eye candy, where is the excitement? 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,737
    I think you were born without the bit of brain that 'gets' sport for it's own sake @Hostafan1 ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

edited August 2021
    I think you were born without the bit of brain that 'gets' sport for it's own sake @Hostafan1 ;)
    I'm the least competitive person on the planet. 
    8 folk running round in circles: One will win, the other seven will lose. I just don't care which is which. 
    Ditto swimming backwards and forwards, riding bikes round and round, hopping skipping and jumping. Only one winner, SO many losers.
    Devon.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,484
    Morning all, grey and drizzly here so not a gardening day, I could always do the h/w I suppose.
    Happy Yorkshire Day, one of my great grandmothers was a Yorkshire lass, so do I qualify too?
    I'm with you completely @Hostafan1, the Olympics is the most boring stuff ever and excruciating to watch - so we don't. Enjoy your day with your daughter.
    @Punkdoc, Hope Moira has a good journey home and that the family manage to sort out care for your MIL.
    We've eaten far too many pub meals lately @Busy-Lizzie so must cut down a bit now. Enjoy yours however, sounds an enterprising pub.
    You've got an idyllic lifestyle @tui34, I could get used to that.
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,249
    Morning all.

New garden toys should be arriving today, cordless lawnmower and strimmer. The old petrol ones are now 25 years old so I shouldn't complain too much. The lower deck which supports the lawnmower rear wheels broke last year and replacements are no longer available. The strimmer has been a pain as it has always leaked more fuel than it burned and the line feed never worked. I have been trying to make do with a Flymo that never flies but seems to suck itself down onto the ground. Yes, I have checked that I have the blade the right way up.

I need to get rid of the long growth which the ticks use to launch their attacks. I have extracted 56 so far this year and caught at least another dozen before they could latch on.
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    @Hostafan1
    i never watched it before either but those women/girls were something else. 
    I’m sure there would be something for you to enjoy 😜
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
This discussion has been closed.