Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,713
    edited 1 August
    Add runner beans to this list .......
    ...  then eating it with new potatoes, cauliflower and courgettes.  ..
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I picked courgettes yesterday and today we're swamped with the first proper picking of runner beans ... they've loved this summer (so far) and there's so much foliage it's a real jungle ... not helped by the squashes which have outgrown their allotted space and are now rampaging all over the place ... even up the middle of the runner bean teepee.

I've just taken some more leaves off the Marzona tomato plants ... theyi're rampant too. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Hostafan1 said:

We're watching the Olympics golf ...  the commentator keeps saying 'Now this is interesting' ........ but it's not  🤣

Yeah, now the men's diving is finished I don't think any of Olympics is interesting either.
    But at least there's something for everyone ... even you  ;)

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,923
    Off to collect No1 daughter at lunchtime.  :D:D
    Devon.
    Hostafan1 said:
    Off to collect No1 daughter at lunchtime.  :D:D
    That's lovely ... ((hugs to you all))

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 10,119
    Hi all

A good day today, Moira is returning from Ballater.

WOW, WOW and double WOW, BMX freestyle, that is exciting.

Anyone else read Shuggie Bain, seriously good read, if somewhat depressing.
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,923
    Welcome home Moira. How's her Mother ? ( if it's ok to ask ? )
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,478
    Morning all. Hope you all have a good day.
    punkdoc, we watched the BMX stuff too. Wasn’t he good!  Australia has done very well n various sports. 👏👏👏
    S. E. NSW
  • Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London London regionPosts: 428
    Morning  all and happy-doesn't feel like august at all forkers! @punkdoc I read shuggie bain. I found it hard reading because of the subject matter , but I found it evoked its surroundings extremely well in the way it was written ( in spite of not being familiar with some of the dialect used, I found the use of it added to the atmosphere for me). Opened my eyes to alcoholism - and addiction generally -  as a disease that steals not weeks or months but years from your life and those of your loved ones. I am very glad i read it but I cannot in all conscience say I "enjoyed" it.
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 10,119
    She is not great @Hostafan1, but Moira's sis. is now going up, whilst they try to sort out new carers or her going into care.
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
This discussion has been closed.