Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 75,007
    Happy Anniversary to @WonkyWomble  and my very special DJ- in-Law 🥂 ❤️. What a very wonderful day that was … Super Saturday indeed 😎 
    Hope your back eases. 😘 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,663
    Happy Anniversary Wonky. I hope your back improves soon.

S. E. NSW
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,883
    Thanks @Dovefromabove, sure was!!
    thanks @Pat E just had a hot bath,  hope your water is still behaving after last night!!
    Good morning all to come,  have a lovely day folks!
    If you remember @WonkyWomble, in 2012 it was the mother of the bride with a bad back  :#
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,883
    I certainly do @Dovefromabove! Think it may have also been her that locked my dress in the top flat with me downstairs with hair done in jeans shorts and a veil!! Having a calming brandy I seem to remember 🤣
    Happy memories eh @WonkyWomble .... I'm blaming those painkillers the doc gave me ... 😇

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 8,569
    edited August 2021
    Morning all. Hot and sunny this morning, but with clouds building up. Hoping for a good gardening day as I've been neglecting it lately. Hedges and lawns to cut if OH can manage it, he's really struggling now. I can help a bit but can't manage the large front lawn by myself so we'll take it in turns.
    Happy anniversary @WonkyWomble.
    We had a lovely time with the newly weds in Sally Lunn's in Bath, which claim to be the oldest bakery in town (about 1640 I believe). The old bread ovens are still downstairs.
    Treated us to a glass of champagne as well, so we floated home in a taxi at 8 pm. They're touring the West Country for their honeymoon, including the IOW and the Isles of Scilly - some mileage there.
    Spoke to my son last night whose back from his first time campervan holiday with the grandchildren in Devon. Had some hairy moments having to reverse it when the satnav sent him down too narrow lanes and some close shaves elsewhere apparently. He said he'd do it again but with a smaller van. Fortunately he was the opposite side to Hostafan!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,514
    Happy Anniversary to @WonkyWomble and "lovely Hub" . 
    It's our 10th wedding anniversary on Friday. I have to say I'm just very glad we're going to make it. 
    I kinda nudged some friends to send cards to show Hubby he's not been forgotten and that folk are still thinking about him and still love him. I've wee stash hidden away already.
    We've been together for 26 years.
    I've had a delivery of Hostas from a friend. 
    26 new varieties added to the collection 
    Devon.
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,597
    edited August 2021
    Good afternoon all.

We have your rain @Obelixx and welcome it is, to say the least.  Especially as I am watering 2 of our neighbours' gardens whilst they are on holiday.  Respite today!  Had to go down to the market to get fresh eggs as I lost my last Poule de Bresse, she was old, but I think as Queen of the backyard, contented with her lot.  The wheat that I have in stock is going to the wild birds, except those 2 thugs of pigeons commandeer the bird area!

Quiet afternoon to catch up with reading and Netflix "The Cook of Castamar" - very good period drama.

@WonkyWomble  Happy Anniversary and hopefully goodbye to your back pain soon.
    @D0rdogne_Damsel  I expect you have this weather too.  Does it affect your clients?
    Congratulations, by the way on coming first in the garden event.

Have a good day everyone.
    Tui 

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,988
    Happy anniversary @WonkyWomble and hub.  Hope you celebrate it well.

We're coming up to 38 years in a couple of weeks and have been together 40.  Where does the time go?

Do you have names for them all @Hostafan1?  Going for national collection status?

We've had some showers and are supposed to get some thundery bits about now but the sun has come out for a while and the dark clouds have moved on.   Just as well as Bonzo dog doesn't like the lightning - or any other leccy disturbance - and dives under furniture or shrubs and then trembles.

I've been messing with pictures this morning and a bit of furniture scrubbing.   I've decided to hang our Lakeland water colours in the kitchen and while hunting them out I came across all sorts of stuff that needs framing, including some embroidery.   I shall have to book another day on the framing course in Nantes to remind me how to do it.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
This discussion has been closed.