Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,979
    Hope you get your water sorted @Pat E  🛁 

night night everyone … sleep tight 😴 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,251
    I took my daughter to see Bob Marley at the Hammersmith Odeon (which is what it was called before it became the Apollo) when she was around 14.  She doesn't remember it, much to her chagrin as she became a massive reggae fan just a few years later.  But we never met him @Hostafan1!  I also took her to see Madness and she got to go backstage and meet them and still has the signed album.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,498
    Randomly, I also met Luciano Pavarotti  too and I laid turf for Joan Armatrading.
    Devon.
    edited August 2021
    🥱 good morning all … 😊 ☕️ 
    I’ve drunk champagne with Ray Davies, and Lionel Richie said he thought I sounded ‘really cool’.  On a bad day I hang on to that 😎 😉 🤪

We have blue sky and sunshine … for now … 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,249
    Morning folks,have been up since before 6,had some online paper work to do. Wow Hosta,I've been on stage with Derren Brown. He picked me to do a pulse check. After the show lots of people accused me of working for him
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,656
    Strange experience with the hot water heater. This morning Hubby turned the hot tap on and got hot water, so no phone call to plumber, but much scratching of head.  He went up to the top of the hill to check on the water tanks in case there was a problem there, but all ok.  We’ll obviously need to keep an eye on it in case the system needs replacing. 

I’ve had the back of my eyes checked for diabetes progress at the Optician’s today and there is no change since the last check up 3 years ago. Aren’t I a good girl - I do try to limit sugar intake, but you never know. Just my GP trying to keep me on my toes.  🙄

I asked Hubby about that Marley program that we watched last night and he said it was just called Marley, so some of you might be able to find it on line.   He certainly was an active little b..ger. 11 kids from seven different women. 😳😁 wow! 

S. E. NSW
    Glad you have hot water @Pat E 🛁 but it’s puzzling … 🤔 an airlock maybe? 

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,474
    Morning all, 

Quick hello and read back. 

Sorry about your chicken @Obelixx, poor thing. Enjoyed a happy last few months though. 

Hardly time to watch the Olympics but when I see the medal winners I get very emotional, they all work so hard to get there, whatever sport. 

Oops, delivery is here...  Must dash. 

Good day all. 
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
    Good morning @D0rdogne_Damsel  👋 

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,882
    Morning @Dovefromabove, @D0rdogne_Damsel and afternoon @Pat E

Wedding anniversary today,  hubby has the afternoon off work and I'm still off with my bad back.  No improvement today,  got stuck on my back last night ended up struggling like an upturned tortoise!
    Coffee number 2 time! 
This discussion has been closed.